New from Australia

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Roger, thanks mate. I am going with the 550-510 Holley Sniper. I talked to a few guys before deciding and all said it was the best spec for my 351-2V Ram Air. The thermo is a single 16" Davies-Craig, have used them in the past and are good solid units. I am waiting for a Holley HO12-810 oil pressure activated fuel safety switch to show up then I can started fitting the electronic fuel pump etc. I am doing it myself so it's a case of baby steps😂🤣😂 I am also going to upgrade the alternator and bigger capacity battery.
Andrew, I too am from Brissie, I used a Ford Territory thermo it fits mm perfect with a little trimming of the shroud is a really good fit it looks factory. Mine is a little hot roddy in the engine compartment and has no problems driving around in Friday arvo peak hour summer traffic. It's far hotter in the drivers seat than in the engine bay :)

Beautiful cars, brother. Welcome from North Carolina, USA.

Hi, as the title says, I am new to these forums. I live in Queensland and am the proud owner of a 72 MACH1 in Bright Lime, 351Ram Air, FMX, 9 inch rear etc etc. My car originally came out of Texas and has very little rust which is great. I have had the car a couple of years and have just started fitting a Holley Sniper, electronic fuel pump, 16" thermo fan, stuff that hopefully give it modern car reliability. its fabulous!
Welcome Andrew, I'm from mid north coast, New South Wales, my baby is a 72 mach1 bright lime green, enjoy the journey 😊

Andrew, how is the work going? The Mustang looks good and of course, so does the Falcon XR8. Not many of those around as most guys seemed to go for the XR6 or XR6 Turbo. I had a 1995 EF XR8 when they first came out and when I took it in for its first service I asked where they were hiding all the power. It was gutless, wheezy and had far less performance than the XR6. This was before FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles). The salesman was sympathetic and showed me what was the start of FPV kit. I went for extractors, air cleaner kit, roller rockers, injection kit and cold air injection. What a transformation: it was a real powerhouse.
I would like to look at what you are doing. I am Brisbane based. Are you anywhere nearby? For all you USA based guys, Queensland is 1,000 miles wide and 1,500 miles tall, so there are plenty of places to get lost and "nearby" can be a 4 hour drive.
Cheers, Roger

Andrew, how is the work going? The Mustang looks good and of course, so does the Falcon XR8. Not many of those around as most guys seemed to go for the XR6 or XR6 Turbo. I had a 1995 EF XR8 when they first came out and when I took it in for its first service I asked where they were hiding all the power. It was gutless, wheezy and had far less performance than the XR6. This was before FPV (Ford Performance Vehicles). The salesman was sympathetic and showed me what was the start of FPV kit. I went for extractors, air cleaner kit, roller rockers, injection kit and cold air injection. What a transformation: it was a real powerhouse.
I would like to look at what you are doing. I am Brisbane based. Are you anywhere nearby? For all you USA based guys, Queensland is 1,000 miles wide and 1,500 miles tall, so there are plenty of places to get lost and "nearby" can be a 4 hour drive.
Cheers, Roger
Hi Roger,
I am Brisbane based as well. Reach out and say hi if you want to.

Greg.:)

Greg, (Austin Vert), you asked, so here it is . . . . Hi!
I was on the lookout for a Mustang about 15 years ago. I wanted a '68 Fastback, and they were reasonably priced when I started looking. It was a different deal when I looked to buy. My friend had a RHD '73 Mustang that he had not used for about 10 years as it needed work and he had spent (wasted) all his money hotting up an old V8 Valiant. The beauty of it was that it was RHD and rust free. So that's what I ended up with and I am happy enough with it. I am a member of MOCA but I have to admit, not a very active one. Most of the work I have learnt and done myself, but hints on where to look and who to trust would have been helpful. Anyway. I always have a project or two. My current ones (once I get over Covid) are a thermo fan and electric mirrors.
There you go. Roger.

Greg, (Austin Vert), you asked, so here it is . . . . Hi!
I was on the lookout for a Mustang about 15 years ago. I wanted a '68 Fastback, and they were reasonably priced when I started looking. It was a different deal when I looked to buy. My friend had a RHD '73 Mustang that he had not used for about 10 years as it needed work and he had spent (wasted) all his money hotting up an old V8 Valiant. The beauty of it was that it was RHD and rust free. So that's what I ended up with and I am happy enough with it. I am a member of MOCA but I have to admit, not a very active one. Most of the work I have learnt and done myself, but hints on where to look and who to trust would have been helpful. Anyway. I always have a project or two. My current ones (once I get over Covid) are a thermo fan and electric mirrors.
There you go. Roger.
Hi the barra powered territory thermo fits perfectly (same as BA falcon i think) and does a great job. I charged up to Maleny yesterday through Woodford and it just works a treat, never gets hot.

Back