New Guy from La Mesa CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
::welcome:: from Maine.Nice car! Glad to see another 73 with a big block here.I love the hand lettering on the trunk,very cool.:D

::welcome:: from Maine.Nice car! Glad to see another 73 with a big block here.I love the hand lettering on the trunk,very cool.:D
Kermit,

I'm assuming you have a BB in your car? When the Four Twenty Nine was put on the back, some one standing around said it looked off balance, therefore the Mach 1 on the right side. Did the same thing on the hood for the Ram Air. I'll see if I can find a pic. Rg

Lee\'s car and mustang run 023.jpg

Kermit,

I'm assuming you have a BB in your car? When the Four Twenty Nine was put on the back, some one standing around said it looked off balance, therefore the Mach 1 on the right side. Did the same thing on the hood for the Ram Air. I'll see if I can find a pic. Rg
Yes,460 & C6.I think the hand lettering is a very nice touch,I don't think I"ve seen anyone else do it,but I think it looks really cool!:D

Kermit,

Yes,460 & C6.I think the hand lettering is a very nice touch,I don't think I"ve seen anyone else do it,but I think it looks really cool!:D
Geeezzz D, didn't pick up on the 460 in your sign on name...I just care for the block letters, appreciate the comments...rg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. It looks awesome, very cool Mach 1.
Hi Jason...

Never been in your neck of the woods. I imagine you're liken this time of year as you have to put the Mach up in the winter...Fortunately I can drive mine 12 months out of the year.

Rg
Yeah this time of the year is pretty nice. I have been slacking this year and haven't done a lot of work to the mustang, I need to get on it.

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin. It looks awesome, very cool Mach 1.
Hi Jason...

Never been in your neck of the woods. I imagine you're liken this time of year as you have to put the Mach up in the winter...Fortunately I can drive mine 12 months out of the year.

Rg
Yeah this time of the year is pretty nice. I have been slacking this year and haven't done a lot of work to the mustang, I need to get on it.
Jayson,

Understand, I have a few things I've put off as well. I'm in the mortgage business and that's been pretty slow until recently which doesn't free up a lot of dough to work on the car...Don't know what you see in your area, but the 71-73 cars seem to be making a resurgence...Ron

Welcome from Central Virginia! Really clean ride I love the classic look until you get close to se the personal touches. Starting to see more 73's around as well even though there were less made of the 3 years. Keep up the work Ron.

-Daniel

Welcome from Central Virginia! Really clean ride I love the classic look until you get close to se the personal touches. Starting to see more 73's around as well even though there were less made of the 3 years. Keep up the work Ron.

-Daniel
Daniel...

Especially with the convertibles...much lower number in 72...Sorry you don't like the personal touches but I didn't want the cookie cutter look that's why the spoilers are body color, put the hockey stick on (the 73 stripe is UGLY) IMO, and left off the lower body color and the big Mach 1 letters behind the front fender wells...oh, and the tail stripe is from a 72...But appreciate you lookin...I'm surprised how many of the big cars are on the East Coast as opposed to the West coast. Just don't see too many in Ca....Ron

-Daniel
Daniel...

Especially with the convertibles...much lower number in 72...Sorry you don't like the personal touches but I didn't want the cookie cutter look that's why the spoilers are body color, put the hockey stick on (the 73 stripe is UGLY) IMO, and left off the lower body color and the big Mach 1 letters behind the front fender wells...oh, and the tail stripe is from a 72...But appreciate you lookin...I'm surprised how many of the big cars are on the East Coast as opposed to the West coast. Just don't see too many in Ca....Ron
Whoa Ron, Maybe my wording was wrong. I LOVE the personal touches, I plan on doing many to my 73 Coupe, I was even considering the hockey stick stripe too and i may borrow your idea of leaving the stripe cutoff at the marker light!

In context to my post I was describing how it looks classic like going down the highway but if I saw your car in the parking lot and got closer I really dig the personal touches you wouldn't catch at a glance!

-Daniel
Daniel...

Whoa Ron, Maybe my wording was wrong. I LOVE the personal touches, I plan on doing many to my 73 Coupe, I was even considering the hockey stick stripe too and i may borrow your idea of leaving the stripe cutoff at the marker light!

In context to my post I was describing how it looks classic like going down the highway but if I saw your car in the parking lot and got closer I really dig the personal touches you wouldn't catch at a glance!
Daniel,

My appologies, I probably read your post wrong....No harm no foul...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery anyone can give. Let's see more of the coupe... The things I did to the car, other than the lettering, were taken from a picture I saw of a car from CO. 25 years ago...Long before I bought this car...That's the great thing about forums like this, you get to meet guys with a similar interest in these big cars and to share idea's. I'll get your take on something I was thinking of doing. Re: the 429 "badge" on the front fenders behind the tire; NPD has 1" tall chorme seperate numbers that I thought of replacing the "badge" with those numbers, similar to the GTO letters on Pontiac. Didn't want it to look gaudy if you know what I mean...They're not expensive and if they didn't look right I could go back to the "badge" look....

Ron....

Daniel...

Daniel,

My appologies, I probably read your post wrong....No harm no foul...Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery anyone can give. Let's see more of the coupe... The things I did to the car, other than the lettering, were taken from a picture I saw of a car from CO. 25 years ago...Long before I bought this car...That's the great thing about forums like this, you get to meet guys with a similar interest in these big cars and to share idea's. I'll get your take on something I was thinking of doing. Re: the 429 "badge" on the front fenders behind the tire; NPD has 1" tall chorme seperate numbers that I thought of replacing the "badge" with those numbers, similar to the GTO letters on Pontiac. Didn't want it to look gaudy if you know what I mean...They're not expensive and if they didn't look right I could go back to the "badge" look....

Ron....
Ron,

I think what your looking for is a problem us personalizers that walk a fine line avoiding to step over to the "to gaudy" side. I think If you find badges that flow with your lettering style on the decklid it will look pretty good. If you can do it and see how it looks without damaging your paint and can go back then go for it and see.

I have to agree that the "old school" 429 badge doesn't quite jive with the "new school" lettering you have. I say try it out and see, but look for lettering that isnt blocky and flows well with your deck lid lettering.

Daniel,

Ron....
Ron,

I think what your looking for is a problem us personalizers that walk a fine line avoiding to step over to the "to gaudy" side. I think If you find badges that flow with your lettering style on the decklid it will look pretty good. If you can do it and see how it looks without damaging your paint and can go back then go for it and see.

I have to agree that the "old school" 429 badge doesn't quite jive with the "new school" lettering you have. I say try it out and see, but look for lettering that isnt blocky and flows well with your deck lid lettering.
Daniel,

Good idea. I put the badge on the car before the lettering went on the deck lid. The two never were tied together and didn't know what to do about it. I like that idea, something more along the script idea even if I have to have them made...GREAT idea...Thanks...rg

Hi Jason...

Rg
Jayson,

Understand, I have a few things I've put off as well. I'm in the mortgage business and that's been pretty slow until recently which doesn't free up a lot of dough to work on the car...Don't know what you see in your area, but the 71-73 cars seem to be making a resurgence...Ron
I've seen two other mustangs around me. I live in an AMC town because we used to have a huge AMC factory until recently when it was torn down.

Jayson,

I've seen two other mustangs around me. I live in an AMC town because we used to have a huge AMC factory until recently when it was torn down.
And what town would that be and what's the population? Haven't made an AMC for quite some time, was the plant vacant all those years?

I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin that has a population of 105,000 or so. If I'm not mistaken it is third largest city in Wisconsin. You are correct, I think AMC was bought out in the mid 80s by Chrysler in which the factory was turned into an engine plant that made engines such as the famous 4.0L used in countless Jeeps. The factory was just torn down earlier this year actually. It is still very much an AMC town, as far as classics go, and there is even a big AMC homecoming a few years ago.

I live in Kenosha, Wisconsin that has a population of 105,000 or so. If I'm not mistaken it is third largest city in Wisconsin. You are correct, I think AMC was bought out in the mid 80s by Chrysler in which the factory was turned into an engine plant that made engines such as the famous 4.0L used in countless Jeeps. The factory was just torn down earlier this year actually. It is still very much an AMC town, as far as classics go, and there is even a big AMC homecoming a few years ago.
Definately heard of the town, from what I couldn't tell you...With a city of that population, the closing of a plant had to hurt...Happy annivversary, looks like this june you've been on this site for 2 years...what's the reputation rating? BTW, how long have you had your Mustang?

Ron

Definately heard of the town, from what I couldn't tell you...With a city of that population, the closing of a plant had to hurt...Happy annivversary, looks like this june you've been on this site for 2 years...what's the reputation rating? BTW, how long have you had your Mustang?

Ron
Yeah the closing did hurt but surprisingly the city is still growing. It used to be a very industrial town having AMC and Snap On factories in town to name the big ones. Thanks for the happy anniversary. The reputation rating is when another member give positive or negative feedback on all sorts of things like a good post or if you bought something from another member, things of that nature. I've had my mustang for almost 8 years and have probably been working on it off and on. It got off on a rough start but I'm hoping to have it nearly finished this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back