New member in Maine from Arizona

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from Illinois and another convertible owner!

Hello from Mississippi. Wow , that's quite a climate change for you. I have a brother that lives in Mesa so I'm familiar with his weather vs  the area where you live now!

You have a really nice looking  Vert and it's great to add another one to our ranks . Amazing that it is still original as it is  since the 70's was a time of customizing!

Ford's transmission choice was more of a matter of balancing  inventory vs production needs as  the FMX (X) and C6 (U) would no longer be used starting with the upcoming 74 Mustang production launch. The C4, C6 and FMX were all referred to as  Selectshift Cruise-O-Matic and carried the same $203.73 price regardless of which transmission was installed in the vehicle.

Glad you found us, liked what you saw and decided to stay.

Welcome aboard!

Hello from Mississippi. Wow , that's quite a climate change for you. I have a brother that lives in Mesa so I'm familiar with his weather vs  the area where you live now!

You have a really nice looking  Vert and it's great to add another one to our ranks . Amazing that it is still original as it is  since the 70's was a time of customizing!

Ford's transmission choice was more of a matter of balancing  inventory vs production needs as  the FMX (X) and C6 (U) would no longer be used starting with the upcoming 74 Mustang production launch. The C4, C6 and FMX were all referred to as  Selectshift Cruise-O-Matic and carried the same $203.73 price regardless of which transmission was installed in the vehicle.

Glad you found us, liked what you saw and decided to stay.

Welcome aboard!
Yes its quite the change.  I grew up in CT and MA so New England was always home.  I moved to AZ for work but always yearned to come back.  Interestingly enough I have adjusted well to winter living except wearing my shorts and flip flops well into snow season!

The car was bought new from a well to do couple that had their main residence in CO and wintered in AZ, we call them snowbirds.  The mustang spent its whole life in the condo garage in AZ as their grocery getter and an occasional trip south to Mexico.  I have most of the repair slips from the same garage that did most of the maintenance.  What ever it needed, it got...except the top. It developed a rip along the glass window seam and they just put the top down and never raised it.  

So the X code is the FMX?  Last night I found the original owner card and the service card stating an extended warrentee., seems it was a dealer demo from Los Angeles.

I searched all the Mustang Forums and for our cars I found this site the most friendly and best fit for me.  Great work!

Back