7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from Rhode Island. Great looking car. I love the seats. Is your steering wheel original? I have the same emblem on my 72's rim blow steering wheel. The story I got was that my dad had the dealer who was a family friend take the rim blow off a Torino since he did not like the 2 spoke wheel hence the non Mustang center emblem I have. I will never change it though.

Ron

Thanks to all for the welcome! To answer the question, it's not an original 429 car but it is all 1970 429 cj running gear. It has headers, edlebrock intake, holley 780, 2 and1/2" exhaust to the mufflers and 3" from the mufflers, an original ram air system,even staggered shocks. Options are PS, PDB, and rear disc brakes, gauges and tach, tilt wheel, pwr windows, and air cond. I redid the seats with leather and in the Mach 1 pattern. The tires are BFG TA's, 245-60-15 and 295-50-15's.

Attached is more pictures, I 'll post more when I get a new camera.

Thanks for your honesty. Now here is mine >>> Your car is a very tastefully done car. I like that it represents well (period correct). And black is my favorite color on our 'Stangs.

Well done!

Ray

Thanks. I have put a lot into the car, especially the running gear to make it correct for a 429 car. It's such a fun car to drive and I get a lot of attention with it. I still have a few minor things to do but I have a 69 fastback I currently working on to be a mean street/strip car.

Staci:)

Welcome from Rhode Island. Great looking car. I love the seats. Is your steering wheel original? I have the same emblem on my 72's rim blow steering wheel. The story I got was that my dad had the dealer who was a family friend take the rim blow off a Torino since he did not like the 2 spoke wheel hence the non Mustang center emblem I have. I will never change it though.

Ron
Hi Ron, I don't know if the wheel is original to the car. It was in when I bought it. I really want a rimblow wheel but they are spendy.

Thanks for the reply, this seems like a really cool forum.

Staci

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all for the welcome! To answer the question, it's not an original 429 car but it is all 1970 429 cj running gear. It has headers, edlebrock intake, holley 780, 2 and1/2" exhaust to the mufflers and 3" from the mufflers, an original ram air system,even staggered shocks. Options are PS, PDB, and rear disc brakes, gauges and tach, tilt wheel, pwr windows, and air cond. I redid the seats with leather and in the Mach 1 pattern. The tires are BFG TA's, 245-60-15 and 295-50-15's.

Thanks for your honesty. Now here is mine >>> Your car is a very tastefully done car. I like that it represents well (period correct). And black is my favorite color on our 'Stangs.

Well done!

Ray

Thanks. I have put a lot into the car, especially the running gear to make it correct for a 429 car. It's such a fun car to drive and I get a lot of attention with it. I still have a few minor things to do but I have a 69 fastback I currently working on to be a mean street/strip car.

Ron
Hi Ron, I don't know if the wheel is original to the car. It was in when I bought it. I really want a rimblow wheel but they are spendy.

Staci
Wheel and pad are correct

Emblem is a torino or other big ford

Mustang emblem has a red pony on it

Emblem just snaps in

Item #C9ZZ-3649-S

Well done!

Ray

Ron

Staci
Thanks for your reply Staci. You are right about the forum there are a lot of good guys on it that love our cars and want to help preserve our breed. I like to offer help any way that I can.

Best, Ron

Well done!

Ray

Ron

Staci
Wheel and pad are correct

Emblem is a torino or other big ford

Mustang emblem has a red pony on it

Emblem just snaps in

Item #C9ZZ-3649-S
Thank you. I would hate to change it after all these years.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back