New (new to me) electric radiator fan from Crown Vic

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1000

Reaction score
My Car
1966 convertible
1971 Mach 1
1971 Cougar XR7
1967 F250 Camper Special
rad fan 2.jpegRad fan 1.jpeg

Installed an electric radiator fan from a 94 Crown Vic. Made my own mounting system but otherwise looks pretty good. Have it hooked up through a thermostat and relay that comes on at 180.

Is that a stock radiator? Can't tell from pic.
Not stock. Larger three core aluminum radiator I bought off eBay. Had it about 7 years with no issues.

Fan cost about $28. From the salvage yard. Homemade brackets about $10 in material. Thermostat and relay kit about $40. Still a lot better than those name brand ones running about $300-400. Plus it's a factory Ford e fan I know outs out the cfm.

If anyone wants some of these fans, let me know. We have a pull-a part yard near me that I can look when I am there. I go over there about once a month with friends 'picking' :) .

Not sure what they charge but I'll test before I buy.

Ray

If anyone wants some of these fans, let me know. We have a pull-a part yard near me that I can look when I am there. I go over there about once a month with friends 'picking' :) .

Not sure what they charge but I'll test before I buy.

Ray
Is that the yard on santa fe? If so that place is a gold mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, did you have to upgdrade the alternator? I know electric fans draw alot of amps when they are running.
Stock alt.

Also if you find a newer crown Vic or grand marquis they had the fan and shroud as one piece. Pretty much fits our size radiators perfectly. I'll get a pic later of my fathers 71 cougar with one. Mine was from one of the first years of the 4.6 in the Vic "new" body style.

Note the older Vic's and marquis with the 302 still had belt driven clutch fans.

Looks great, did you have to upgdrade the alternator? I know electric fans draw alot of amps when they are running.
Stock alt.

Also if you find a newer crown Vic or grand marquis they had the fan and shroud as one piece. Pretty much fits our size radiators perfectly. I'll get a pic later of my fathers 71 cougar with one. Mine was from one of the first years of the 4.6 in the Vic "new" body style.

Note the older Vic's and marquis with the 302 still had belt driven clutch fans.
Maybe with the 4.6 installed but with a small block the water pump and pulley may interfere with the shroud. Maybe some mod still needed.

Back