New Old Gearhead who is happy to join the group

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Boss 351
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and joined to try to look up some information on parts numbers. I am recently retired from the from my regular job and a while back from serving in the Army Guard and when I was in high school back in the late 70's I got the chance to buy a 71 Boss 351. It needed some work at the time but I enjoyed the car and never had the money to really fix it right. I made plenty of dumb kid mistakes with it, but did do one thing right and that was to just keep it. It spent a few decades in a shed at my dads place. I finally got the chance to trailer it home and now have finally got the chance and a little money saved up to try to have it fixed right. I was looking to find some information resources on finding good and correct parts and already I have gotten some really good help which I am so thankful for. I look forward to being a part of the group.

Welcome from Ohio. You have definitely come to the right place for help and just go old comradery. As mentioned, post some pics and keep us up to date on how things are going.

Welcome from Chicago! There are some really knowledgeable people on this site, I have learned a lot so far from many of them. You are in the right place to get the correct info to assist you on your Boss restoration!

You may have made mistakes but you were smart enough to keep the car. That’s more than I can say for myself. Welcome and have fun your restoration

Welcome to the asylum! Pics are kinda mandatory, lol....of the car. Lots of knowledge contained in the folks in this group.

Welcome from the Tri-Cities in NE Tennessee. I didn't see where you are from, just curious. You definitely should post up some pictures of you car, and also start a thread on our Mustang Registry - Project Build Threads forum. It's a great back story on your car, and we'd love to follow along on your restoration.

Many of us have done that including me. Mine was a 9 yr journey with about a 6 year pause in the middle, but the Rickster is finally done. I got working on the Rickster in June 2020, when I retired from my day job. I, too, am retired military, but retired Army Reserve with a bunch of active duty and a year of army guard tossed in.

You'll find a lot of very knowledgeable folks around here who are glad to help out. Definitely feel free to ask questions, and let us follow/help/encourage you on your restoration project.

Welcome to the family of the 7173 Forum. Very happy you made the introduction and gave us your story. As others have stated congratulations on saving your car (a very nice car to save) from high school. I have also done the same and don't regret it for a minute and really enjoy taking it for a ride and feeling a bit younger at heart. I hope you can do the same with yours. This is a great family friendly group who respects the questions and input of others. It will be great to follow along with your progress. You probably have joined some of the Boss forums already. If you can make to a future Boss national. You will find some great reference cars and people who work on them. In addition to some good, but pricey, parts available.

Back