New project for this winter. 71 Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got a little bit more done. Had some trouble with the lower black strip cracking and lifting so I left it alone for the weekend and finished up some stuff underneath the car. Sprayed upols multiliner on the inner wheel wells and floor pans. Rattle canned the rear end and leaf springs just to make it look a little more presentable. Also sprayed the cowl inside and out. Turned out pretty good. I will get back to fixing the stripes tonight. Here's  some more pics. Enjoy. 

free upload website hosting

upload image high quality

best image hosting website

Got the lower stripes fixed up. Wet sanded down the cracking paint down to good material, shot sealer over whole area, let sit for a day, wet sanded sealer with 600, then shot the hot rod black again. So far so good. Shot it last night and checked it this morning and it still looks good. So if all is good I will be installing the doors Friday along with gas tank, new fuel lines, filler neck, new shocks all the way around and any other small parts I can. 

upload high quality photos

Got a little more done on the car last night. Replaced the fuel lines from tank to pump. All new metal and rubber lines. Got the tank in.  Filler neck and trunk gasket. Got all 4 shocks swapped out. Hoping to hang the doors soon! Also found the build sheet under back seat. Can't really read it but at least I found it. 

russian image hosting

photos to upload

Nice job Kevin, looking good! Ryan

Looks really nice! Ryan

Nice job! Any news from the decor molding eBay seller?
Thanks. Yes the eBay guy got back to me. He said he doesn't have another complete set but he sent me a partial set to try to make one good set. We will see how they look when they arrive. 

Also got some more work done on the car today. Got the body all wetsanded down with 1200 grit. Looks really smooth now. Going to move up to 2000 then 2500 then start buffing. 

Also started fitting the honeycomb panel. It fit pretty good but the mounting hardware from AMK isn't long enough. Anyone else had this trouble?? I may start another thread and ask too do it don't get missed. 

fb image upload

Last edited by a moderator:
mach71351cKevin are going to paint the honeycomb moldings? :whistling:

Yeah just haven't got that far. I was just test fitting stuff. Did you use the AMK fasteners for the honeycomb? Were they long enough??

That paint is looking fantastic! Skill plus patience = WOW.

Back