New tires, new look.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 1
Well i finally did it after 6 years. BF goodrich ta's. 245/60 on 15x7 in front and 275/60 on 15x8 on rear. No rubbing maybe even less contact on hard left parking turn than with 225/60 front i had before. Go figure. The best part is how it rides and handles. Before even with the rebuilt front end and new suspention it rode like a truck, jumpin all over the road like it was way loose or out of alignment. Now it has none of that just tracs strait and handles curves AWESOME. Now for the bad. Of the four rims i got a deal on, the two back ones with the least rust are both out of round. The put over 7oz of lead on them to get them close. Still rode good at 80+ (for a brief moment). If anyone knows of a good way to clean rust of magnums id love to hear it. Center cap screws were to long also, no biggie. Thanks to everbody for your advice on tires. Now way i would have put 245s on the front without ya'lls guidence but the look perfect. thanks Ill try to include before and after.

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Those raised white letter tires immediately make a difference don´t they? Way better!

By the way I used to have 255/60/15 on 15x7 rims (original Magnum 550 and later Torq Thrust) with no issues.

Looks good! If the rust is only surface and not pitting or raised lumps then hit it with a good quality chrome polish like Autosol or Gord's. If raised, then I would use steel wool #0000. It's the fine wool equivelant to 2000grit sandpaper, then polish to protect the chrome from future rust.

Back