7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techgurl

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
351 Cleveland, 4 speed
Mileage: 60,023 miles
Hi! I'm new to this. I have a 1973 Mach 1. My father who passed away left it to me. He took it to have it restored a long time ago and basically got ripped off. The people who were doing it stripped it and took my father for over 10,000 dollars. It took us 2 years to get the car back. Now its basically just a shell. I want to fully restore it. I know my father would have wanted me to do it. I just dont know where to start. I cant afford to do it all at once so i was gonna try to do alittle at a time. Any suggestions on where to start or where i could find parts at reasonable prices. I have found a gas tank for it. I need the fold down back seat, trap door to trunk and vinyl top. I have a list of parts my father had written down that are missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached via email. tech_gurl @ hotmail.com

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Cool that you are willing to build the car as honor to your dad.

OK I'd suggest you go to the Forum tab at the top of the page and the look for

General Discussion/Individual Project Build Threads and Blogs

Post your own thread there with pics and more info on your item list.

This will help everyone who replies to focus on just your project.

Don't forget lots of pics. They will help more than anything and maybe help others see items you reuire and did not even know about.

Good luck on your build!

Ray

Thank you, I will post photos of before and after.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Cool that you are willing to build the car as honor to your dad.

OK I'd suggest you go to the Forum tab at the top of the page and the look for

General Discussion/Individual Project Build Threads and Blogs

Post your own thread there with pics and more info on your item list.

This will help everyone who replies to focus on just your project.

Don't forget lots of pics. They will help more than anything and maybe help others see items you reuire and did not even know about.

Good luck on your build!

Ray

Welcome from Phoenix. It's hard to say where to start. Pictures will help. You said it is a shell, are the doors, trunk and hood in place? Is the suspension on? And what are your plans for it? Are you going to make it a nice driver, restore to 'original' or ??

Between new and used I would have all [ or close to it ] the parts you need

Don

::welcome:: From Fabulous Las Vegas! That's a great gesture on your part to finish you dads Mach 1! You will have a lot of fun and a whole lot more frustration, but the end result will be all worth it! You have come to the right place for help, advice and just to vent. As stated before. We like pictures! Don't be shy!! Once again, Welcome!!!!

-Travis

Welcome from Mustang, Oklahoma. You have found the right place. Don, at Ohio Mustang Supply, is a site vendor and is very knowledgeable as he has built many 71-73 Mustangs. I can recommend him as he is fair and honest and won't sell junk. Good luck on you build. Chuck

::welcome:: From San Diego. Your in luck, you found the best source for your 73 Mustangs on the planet.:cool: Ask any question about your project and with in a day or so you will the best in the hobby respond to you.

Welcome from coastal Alabama. Be sure to put a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page. I'm looking forward to reading your build thread.

Welcome from the big land of Oz...

If being intimate with the smell of grinding rust is something you don't need to experience, then you're already 70% finished!

Enjoy the downhill run .... We'll hold your hand through the whole process if need be...

This site will be your best friend.....

Thank you everyone! You all rock! I keep the car in a garage at my old house. I will try and get some updated photos on saturday when i go out. I wish I go back to the lawyer or DA and open the case back up and try to get the money that is owed back from the guys that ripped my father off. I dont know if that is possible anymore since its been awhile. I think my father wanted to have restored back to original but i dont think i will be after to do all that. Some of it will probably have to be after market parts. Guess i will just have to wait and see.

I have a build thread? I have no idea what i am doing when it comes to forums.

Another ::welcome:: from San Diego! This is the place to be for 71-73 owners. I am headed over to your build thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back