Nice 71' convertible!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool car but one thing really sticks out and bugs me. They went through all that work to update the entire drivetrain and interior but did not bother to relocate the e-brake handle to the center console and just left an empty slot for it. Nice work on the car but the little details are what put a restomod over the top, IMO.

Pretty cool car but one thing really sticks out and bugs me. They went through all that work to update the entire drivetrain and interior but did not bother to relocate the e-brake handle to the center console and just left an empty slot for it. Nice work on the car but the little details are what put a restomod over the top, IMO.
Soap Box warning :whistling: :

For any work - the attention to detail makes all the difference. To be willing to put forth the effort to go there MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE between just a job and an EXCELLENT/GREAT/ JOB. This works for our cars or mowing your yard or anything in-between. I have said this for many years. This is why I appreciate these efforts! IMHO it adds serious value to whatever task you are performing.

It indicates the owner actually cherished, valued, and appreciated his own car to be willing to take it to that point. That is a car to own if you are ever so lucky!!!! They almost always command the big $$$$$$. I know of many cars that fit this description on this site!

Thanks to those owners! ::thumb::

Ray

What year Mustang is that interior from?? Curious.

Ray
The description says "2006 Shelby Mustang interior."

I like the hard boot cover as well as the radiator cover. They should lose the wing and the light bar.

WOW!! I Love it.

I like the stripes on the hood. Quite close to the original design but still special. And the rims (especially on the rear are killer). I Like the interior too. Looks like it was always meant to be in that car. The hard cover for the top is cool.

Great car!

Sweet little detail in the video: I like how he said "These cars are cool to begin with"! That guy gets it! :)

Something else I noticed: painted standard bumper instead of urethane. The fit is great.

I think it's a standard bumper as it lacks the recessed area in the center.

That is an awesome build. Would love to have a drivetrain like that. Very well done. Nothing better than seeing a 71-73 restored using modern components.

Now I'm not trying to take away from the build at all but does the dash bother anyone else? I don't know why, but a modern dash in the car bothers me. The seats don't, the rollover bar (or whatever its called) doesn't, but the dash does. I can't even say why. Maybe its just that I like our styling of dash.

Edit: Thinking on it, I think it is just the aluminum strip across the dash that bothers me. If it was black I think it would tie everything together better.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an awesome build. Would love to have a drivetrain like that. Very well done. Nothing better than seeing a 71-73 restored using modern components.

Now I'm not trying to take away from the build at all but does the dash bother anyone else? I don't know why, but a modern dash in the car bothers me. The seats don't, the rollover bar (or whatever its called) doesn't, but the dash does. I can't even say why. Maybe its just that I like our styling of dash.

Edit: Thinking on it, I think it is just the aluminum strip across the dash that bothers me. If it was black I think it would tie everything together better.
That was actually also the only thing that bothers me a little! Maybe it looks way to modern for these cars. I like the design of the original dashboard. What I will try to do with my dashboard is to make it look a little more modern with new vents, gauges, new heater system with a 3 knob system and some few other deails.

Latest posts

Back