NOS aftermarket radio opinion [Update]

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sumit

Reaction score
My Car
1973 351c coupe
Hey guys I found an aftermarket sears dash mate deluxe am FM and 8 track on craigslist. Just wondering if anyone remembers or has had one of these. Its not so much the $30 I'm worried about its more my drive to get it 1 hr one way. and hoping the shafts fit our bezel.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ele/3749701048.html

What do you guys think? By the way I only have am right now.

[update]

I've contacted the seller and he says the knobs are spaced 5 1/2" apart I double check the mustang and it seems to be 5 3/4". Is it such a good deal I alter the dash at all? I think I'm going to do it, at that price I can't say no

Last edited by a moderator:
HA i just threw one out. seriously. my car originally came with one of those and the left side speaker output was blown on it. i replaced it with an original 72 AM/FM radio some years ago and had that sears in a box. just threw it out on monday finally.

it is kind of amusing thinking back like 10 years ago the first time i had turned the radio on in the car and got muffled noise from the right side of the car only

ahahhahaahah

I have the AM/Fm 8 Track that came in the Starsky and Hutch. I kept it just so I would have the original radio.

I have the AM/Fm 8 Track that came in the Starsky and Hutch. I kept it just so I would have the original radio.
That's awesome! I saw a TV car the other day. It had a Chicago 8-track in the radio. Im a big S&H fan and a Starsky and Hutch Torino would complete my dream garage. You have very good taste.

IMG_20130420_162604.jpg

I saw someone a couple of months ago who had a 80;s Ford AM- FM 8-track with digital display and buttons, not knobs for volume and ctation change. One would have to cut a hole in the dash to put in one of our cars. I did not buy it.

I saw someone a couple of months ago who had a 80;s Ford AM- FM 8-track with digital display and buttons, not knobs for volume and ctation change. One would have to cut a hole in the dash to put in one of our cars. I did not buy it.
I think that's the whole point, if your going to end up cutting the dash just as well go all the way and just add a regular CD player.

Back