Old kid, first post

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gwbeyer

Reaction score
My Car
'73 Mach 1
I've had my '73 Mach 1 since late 1979. I drove it to work for a year or two, then started the never ending improvement process! It still has the original 351 CJ engine (rebuilt) with 4 speed toploader. I live near Cedar Rapids, IA. I don't get the old girl out much - just for one car show a year and on nice summer nights (not too hot - there' no A/C!).

Gary

abpe83.jpg
[/img]

Welcome from North Carolina. ::welcome:: Anybody with the obviouse good taste in color is going to fit right in. Enjoy.

Welcome to the forums! Nice Mustang! Glad to have you aboard!

WELCOME aboard, Gary!

Beautiful '73 mach 1 that you have there. It says a lot when you have owned a car for over 30 years.

As noted by Roy (tnfastbk), please go to the FAQ link (and the different forums) on the Site and "look around" as I am sure you will find something that interest you.

I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great looking 73. I like the factory wheels! Is it original paint? We always like more pictures.

It's not the original paint and not the original color. It was another green color I wasn't real fond of. I have the Avacado interior, so I had to stay with green. The color I picked was an optional color for '73 Mustangs (Ivy Green Glow Metallic). I haven't regretted the choice!

>>Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great looking 73. I like the factory wheels! <<

I came across a set of factory wheels many years after buying the car. They were kinda beat up, but I couldn't pass them up - you never see them for sale. I had a guy with a really big lathe turn off the nicks and wheel weight marks on the lips, then I hand polished them. They came out way better than I thought they would. Topped them off with some Coker Tire repros.

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
yup..love the factory wheels...ooh picked them up? .if those are original unbroken center caps there harder too find than the rims!! i got the same rims on my 73 mach 1 q.

Welcome Garry

from Australia

very nice Car

John

>>yup..love the factory wheels...ooh picked them up? .if those are original unbroken center caps there harder too find than the rims!! i got the same rims on my 73 mach 1 q.<<

Yes, they are original caps. There are a couple of "blisters" in the chrome, nothing bad, and the red center is a bit faded in one of them, but not very noticeable.

The guy I bought them from also included 2 wider rims of the same style that he had mounted wider rear tires on for drag racing. They have Maverick center caps of the same style as the Mustang rims. Does anyone make repro Mustang style center disks for these caps?

Don at Ohio Mustang has the complete center cap with the emblem. I bought a set from him for my 73 wheels. At first I bought the Center Cap Emblem he offers to dress up my old center caps, but these are not the original plastic emblems, just adhesive inserts. The whole center cap with emblem he sells do look original.

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/item_listing.asp?pcid=3&L1=Wheels&L2=&p=2&ps=10

Don at Ohio Mustang has the complete center cap with the emblem. I bought a set from him for my 73 wheels. At first I bought the Center Cap Emblem he offers to dress up my old center caps, but these are not the original plastic emblems, just adhesive inserts. The whole center cap with emblem he sells do look original.

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/item_listing.asp?pcid=3&L1=Wheels&L2=&p=2&ps=10
Here is a picture of my original center caps with fading emblem and the new one I bought from Don:

DSC00497.jpg

DSCF0800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back