One of my cars made it into a movie!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So last year I was approached by a film producer who lives locally in Birmingham, AL. (but moved here from California) to see if she could use one of my cars for her film, "It's Alright Now." I jumped at the chance and let her use a 1973 Medium Copper Metallic Q code convertible that has had every option added that it didn't come with from the factory. The car is on display at the "Mustang Museum of America" in Odenville, AL. Unfortunately the car only appears for a moment and it was raining during the filming. They didn't want anyone driving it for insurance reasons, and no one on the set knew how to drive a stick,:ROFLMAO: lol. I highly recommend watching the film. It's available on Amazon and elsewhere. Apparently it's free on TUBI (https://tubitv.com/movies/100008578/it-s-alright-now). The film is set in the 70's, so the car was a perfect fit. Attached is a photo of the car at the museum and a screen shot from the movie. Kevin.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.12.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 8.12.12 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8475.JPG
    IMG_8475.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Man that car is beautiful. I love copper on cars and trucks.

So last year I was approached by a film producer who lives locally in Birmingham, AL. (but moved here from California) to see if she could use one of my cars for her film, "It's Alright Now." I jumped at the chance and let her use a 1973 Medium Copper Metallic Q code convertible that has had every option added that it didn't come with from the factory. The car is on display at the "Mustang Museum of America" in Odenville, AL. Unfortunately the car only appears for a moment and it was raining during the filming. They didn't want anyone driving it for insurance reasons, and no one on the set knew how to drive a stick,:ROFLMAO: lol. I highly recommend watching the film. It's available on Amazon and elsewhere. Apparently it's free on TUBI (https://tubitv.com/movies/100008578/it-s-alright-now). The film is set in the 70's, so the car was a perfect fit. Attached is a photo of the car at the museum and a screen shot from the movie. Kevin.
Lesson learned.....give them a auto car next time. Too bad your beautiful car didn’t get a larger role.

Congratulations!....thankfully it was not a Driver's Education movie!

Lesson learned.....give them a auto car next time. Too bad your beautiful car didn’t get a larger role.
When my car was on set and they were considering using it for more than just background, thats one of the questions they asked. "What transmission does it have in it?" I thought they were being car guys, asking the usual "whats under the hood" sort of questions. I told them a C4, which doesn't mean anything to somebody who's not into old fords. Then I dumbed it down for them, C4 is an automatic.

Because, yep. The main actor couldnt drive a stick and the transport guys who park the cars for all the shots couldnt drive a stick. A handful of people there knew how, but driving the car was not on their job description.

Back