Opinions on temperatures

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnie

Project manager "Project AmsterFoose"
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2V, built on the very last production day (July 6, 1973) for Grande's.
Hey,

Today I enjoyed another ride, about an hours drive without any problems. My trust in this car is slowly gaining again :)

I measured a few temperatures when I came back. I reckon they are OK since I'm not experiencing any troubles but I'm still interested in comparing with others.

They read:

- exhaust manifold 200 C

- front of the driver side head 85 C

- coolant hose to top of rad. 75 C

Sounds normal?

Cheers,

Vincent

PS: Feel free to add more temperatures in comments

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't checked my temperatures, but yours are within the range I would expect.

However, if I wanted to check the temperatures I would expand on it somewhat. With the engine running i would check the temperatures on both heads and on all 8 exhaust runners. Also check the temperature of the lower hose, which will give you an idea of how well your radiator I working. One of the things you will want to see is consistency from one similar location to another. Checking more locations will give you a better engine health check.

Back