Part identification question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsRock

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Cougar 351C Q
I'm trying to identify correct part name and part number from the below pictures. On a 1973 351C Q motor, 2 electric connectors and 2 vacuum lines, one to egr behind carb and other to vac tree. Thanks in advance

Hello,

I also have a 73 Q code. Here is a vacuum diagram for your car showing it as a solenoid valve. Also, you have it installed upside down as electrical connections should be on top.

Could you post a pic showing what vacuum lines go to the vacuum tree on firewall and where they are coming from...thanks.

24q3kht.gif

Thanks Jeff for the diagram, and telling me its upside down. Obviously the green tagged vac line goes to the egr, the blue tagged vac line goes to the 2 port valve (#2) at the Passenger Side front of motor (not the 3 port valve (PVS) at the water pump also on PS). There is a 4 port tree on the firewall, 2 go to the transmission (modulator) and i'll have to trace the other 2, don't have a pic. I'm trying to get a part number so I can get a backup in case this one goes south, searching under solenoid hasn't helped.

Mark

It seems from pictures I took one port on the firewall tree goes to the tree (vacuum) on the rear of the manifold, also where the line going to the brake booster is fed from.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jeff for the diagram, and telling me its upside down. Obviously the green tagged vac line goes to the egr, the blue tagged vac line goes to the 2 port valve (#2) at the Passenger Side front of motor (not the 3 port valve (PVS) at the water pump also on PS). There is a 4 port tree on the firewall, 2 go to the transmission (modulator) and i'll have to trace the other 2, don't have a pic. I'm trying to get a part number so I can get a backup in case this one goes south, searching under solenoid hasn't helped.

Mark

It seems from pictures I took one port on the firewall tree goes to the tree (vacuum) on the rear of the manifold, also where the line going to the brake booster is fed from.
the orig solenoids are no longer avail . . you can buy new aftermarket ones.

military-shock-vibration-pressure-vacuum-differential-switches-world-magnetics-PSF100A.jpg

http://www.oldairproducts.com/catalog/

acp1012lglarge.jpg

Latest posts

Back