• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Partinig out 1972 H code 3 speed Vert one of 82 built.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just after I posted this ad I got blocked and could not get on the Forum for months. It was a computer thing something about my IP address got me blocked.

I do have the transmission cross member.

If you get Mustang Monthly the October 2017 issue has an article about an almost identical car. Starts on page 28 they call it the Golden Oddity. Yes there were only 32 3 speed verts built and the one in the article is almost a twin to this car. My car was a Decor Group so it had the black out lower body. The interior of both are the same but the car in the article has PW.

I did sell the Power Brake Booster and master cylinder, PDB are gone along with the spindles, proportioning valve etc.

I do have the clutch brake pedals that are PDB and the Z bar and all linkage. I have the transmission and shifter. All of the clutch and linkage is same for 4 speed along with the cross member. None of the parts are rusty like junk yard ones. I checked ebay for last sold clutch brake pedal and it was $350 for a rusty POS with no Z bar or any other parts. I also looked at Charlotte and there was one at a mustang vendor for $450 also very rusty.

The guy that wanted lots of the body has never came back so there is a great filler panel between the trunk and rear window. The RH Door post should be ok the LH is bent bad.

Both the Left and right Torque boxes and A post are rust free. This was a Ziebart car. The floors are pretty much rust free and was going to use some of that in a current build. I have kept the car inside so not in rain.

The 9" rear is all there.

I am using all the interior and dash in a current build. The engine is complete and was running when removed.

BTW the car still has a clear title not salvage. When the owner dropped his insurance from 32,000 to 16,000 two weeks before the crash the insurance co. gave him the car so they never had the title. It did not go to insurance auction thus no salvage title. It was a one owner car bought by a Ford employee.

So if interested ask questions and make offers on PM and will see if we can make a deal. If anyone interested in the whole body as is with the title that can happen also. I personally do not thing it is worth fixing even with it being one of 32 made. The VIN on block, transmission and chassis do match and could go to another body if you wanted.

David

delete steam account permanently

Do you have the front bumper and clutch fork?
The front bumper was a rubber one and was NOS with NOS brackets but it got bent. There is a steel reinforcement inside the rubber so slim chance of getting it straight.

Clutch fork has to stay with straight drive conversion from flywheel to driveshaft.

David

I have a list of items my 73 is needing;

Front headlight trim/retaining rings and screws

71-72 rear bumper brackets

71-72 rear qtr extensions (fastback)

71-73 coupe/vert qtr window mechanisms, no glass

Auto console, any color and minor damage ok, mine is garbage

Drivers door sport mirror

Back