Pissed Off

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had been doing just fine handling my rebuild by myself, I guess my son's were jealous of that fact. Now that it's time to get my stang running, they all want to help. So far the help has cost me a few hundred dollars in broken or damaged. parts. Wish I could have or would have just said NO to them, that would have hurt some feelings. And of course they know everything. I laughed when my son told me I didn't know anything about the new technology on cars today, and responded to him who cares this car doesn't have any... lol just frustration talking away now...So close to firing up

Alan L
Hang in there! Don't take this the wrong way. I would love to have your problem. My son turns 16 in 7 days and he should be preparing to get a drivers permit, but he is autistic and he will never drive.

Mike

Hang in there! Don't take this the wrong way. I would love to have your problem. My son turns 16 in 7 days and he should be preparing to get a drivers permit, but he is autistic and he will never drive.

Mike

Mike, I have a nephew who is autistic and I would say the not driving part bothers you more than it does him. Actually just seen Tristan(nephew) on Sunday, they live in SC, we always have a blast. For whatever reason he has taken up with me (only get to see a couple times a year) and when they come to town its like they have never been gone.

Roy

What I have found to do is have JT help me when it is a "two man" job or something really basic (like retap clips or mounting holes) that he can feel he is contributiing. I have told him he needs to learn so when he gets his pony he will be prepared to work on it but I think he knows that Dad will be there to help...

Here I have him reinstalling front turn lens after cleaning.

IMG01082-20110306-1553.jpg

I had been doing just fine handling my rebuild by myself, I guess my son's were jealous of that fact. Now that it's time to get my stang running, they all want to help. So far the help has cost me a few hundred dollars in broken or damaged. parts. Wish I could have or would have just said NO to them, that would have hurt some feelings. And of course they know everything. I laughed when my son told me I didn't know anything about the new technology on cars today, and responded to him who cares this car doesn't have any... lol just frustration talking away now...So close to firing up

Alan L
Ha ha, I asked my lil 6yr old helper to bring me a screw driver and she brings me a hammer :blush: Some teacher I am LOL! Anyhow, because it was like a pendulum while in her hands, she accidentally hit the edge of the door and chipped the paint. Fresh out of the shop paint :mad: I was furious, but then gathered myself and remembered when I was my pop's helper and messed up. Truthfully, I don't remember messing up, but he'd remind me and I'd laugh about it :angel: If you know they're doing it intentionally, then I'd kick their ars and set them straight! If not, then you should give them the benifit of the doubt be glad you have son's that want to wrench with you. Priceless!

What I have found to do is have JT help me when it is a "two man" job or something really basic (like retap clips or mounting holes) that he can feel he is contributiing. I have told him he needs to learn so when he gets his pony he will be prepared to work on it but I think he knows that Dad will be there to help...

Here I have him reinstalling front turn lens after cleaning.
awesome pic! JT will thank you some day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan L

Mike
Hi Mike I know where you are comin from , have two autistic boys of 11 and 14 , it has been a very long hard struggle , my youngest loves cars and bikes but will never drive , my eldest has no interest whatsoever but may one day drive , when I snuff it they will probably swap my 71 for an xbox

Back