Pomona Swap Meet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go regularly, but that was pre-pandemic, pre-kids, and when I was trying to build a basket case early production 64 1/2 convertible. I went about 4 months ago with my ‘72 to put it in the car corral. I was surprised at how much smaller the meet was than in the past. The turnout of people to shop and vendors was way off. I’d go back, but it isn’t what it once was.

Yea, if you’re a bow-tie type, Pomona is heaven.

I think we should rethink car shows to include more swap meet elements. I’ve seen great looking cars for years, but I want to see parts so I can get mine there! This year, I called or emailed all of the car shows organizers in CA that were close enough for me to attend, and not a one had anything other than cars and overpriced food.

The one I did find was too far away in northern CA; I emailed back to see if they had special insurance, etc to do the swap meet part, and the guy who responded said they added that just a few years ago, and have the same coverage as the past.

Just food for thoughts.

It's been at least 20 years ago (wow how time flies) that I went to one here in the Phoenix area....it was mediocre at best, so I lost interest pretty quickly. I wonder if there are any good swamp meets in the area, these days.

Back