Possible Parts Source

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Mach 1
1973 Mach 1
1973 Grande
1989 LX 5.0L
2003 Mercury Marauder
2015 Lincoln MKT
Some of you may have seen my post on Motor City Mustang's Forum where I noted I was looking for the driver-side moulding that goes on the vinyl top for my '73 Grande.

Well, I think I have found the part. I contacted Desert City Auto Parts (800-905-8024) and was advised they have the part and are going to get it out to me. According to the salesman (AJ), they have quite a few hard parts from various Mustangs.

Just a "heads-up" in the event that anyone might be having the same problem that I had in acquiring "hard to find" parts :).

BT

Some of you may have seen my post on Motor City Mustang's Forum where I noted I was looking for the driver-side moulding that goes on the vinyl top for my '73 Grande.

Well, I think I have found the part. I contacted Desert City Auto Parts (800-905-8024) and was advised they have the part and are going to get it out to me. According to the salesman (AJ), they have quite a few hard parts from various Mustangs.

Just a "heads-up" in the event that anyone might be having the same problem that I had in acquiring "hard to find" parts :)

BT
Is that the same place that was on the TV show Desert Car Kings?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not familiar with the show BUT I watch very little TV:).

This is a place where I obtained the shifter and linkage for my big block ford upgrade in my Grande about five years ago. I just thought I would give them a try in my search for the trim piece and Voila!

BT

I was there getting parts for my Mustang when they were filming. Anyone know how I can see the program?

It's Desert Valley Auto Parts in Northwest Phoenix. The Mustangs are usually wrecked and the interiors are junk. They do not part out the engines. They all sit in the yard complete with carb until the engine is sold. Hundreds of 1960's 1970's models. Maybe 10 of our cars there total.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back