Power Steering Cooler

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• Cammed, Hooker Longtubes, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 600CFM, Glasspacks, Unknown Gears
• C4 Auto
Right now we're just bypassing it, dad doesn't know why he took it off. I think it's kinda cool, might catch someone's eye at a show or something. I haven't seen too many of them on cars. Just a few pictures of some stock motors online. Does it actually do anything? Never heard of power steering temps being an issue.

What do you guys think, put it on or throw it in the parts box?

V3hSI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
People have told me it keeps the box from chattering, they say you can feel it through the steering wheel. I never heard of power steerings overheating either.

I say hook it up if it's not leaking :)

I have it hooked up on my '73 Mach I (428CJ) and '73 Grande (460). While the car is still at the "paint shop", here is a relative recent picture of the 460 engine bay in the Grande.

DSCF1797.jpg

BT

I took mine off. I no longer have the compressor to bolt it to.

I think they are just ugly. I saw one on ebay for a 9? mustang that looked pretty good. I think I would make a nice bracket and get a new cooler if I really wanted one.

Our Mach 1 has it on...one of the hoses spits a little though, I gotta get a new hose made.

I took mine off. I no longer have the compressor to bolt it to.

I think they are just ugly. I saw one on ebay for a 9? mustang that looked pretty good. I think I would make a nice bracket and get a new cooler if I really wanted one.
Mine mounts right where the AC would mount. I agree that they are kind of an eyesore. That's what's kept me from putting it back on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've kept mine on. I figure, if the car could have done without something then they wouldn't have put it on in the first place, that is unless the government told them to put it on i.e. smog air pumps. However, with all this said, I still seem to end up with leftover nuts and bolts when I put everything back together anyways.

Latest posts

Back