Power Windows for your Convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Eric,

Nu relics do these grommets as well.

http://nu-relics.com/accessories.html

Let us know how you get on with this window project if that's OK.

Greg.:)
You bet. I'll be sure to take some pics if I run into anything different than Greg (gpierce) did. Should go about the same - he made it look easy! ::thumb::

What do the stock conduits look like? (I'm hoping some of the power windows guys might have a pic or two for reference). The GM-style conduits with the opposing inlet/outlet directions kinda just confuse me [as to how they're installed), but they look like the simplest, most effective design. :huh:

Thanks for the link, BTW!

Yeah - that's what I was talking about... the inlet/outlet are opposing each other. Our A-pillars and leading door edges are at 90 degrees when in the [usual] closed position, and when the door is open, they would be aligned to almost a straight-thru route. This style might wind up a little bit twisted while the doors are closed, which I'm sure would contribute to a shorter life.

They look great, and I've found them as low as about $9.00-ish apiece (the ones I displayed go from almost $50/pair). I hope I'm just missing something, as to how they would be installed.

I like the accordian-style very much - it looks very much like it should be there when installed... as well as the grommet-style mounting on both ends (some of the others out there look much less effective and a lot less like OEM equipment).

If one of the power windows guys chimes in with a pic, that would be huge - I've been scouring the Google Images for "something," with no luck, so far.

Im outside the car trying to stretch on the Tcover for 15 mins anyway so winding the windows never bothered me, and then i have to get out again because i forgot to raise the 9' radio antena.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back