• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pulleys

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveK

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Mustang with a 351C engine, FMX automatic transmission, ram air, blue exterior with argent stripes, black interior. Restoration project with my son.
We are converting our 72 Mach 1 from manual steering to power steering (No air). I need a power steering pump pulley for the Ford (Thompson) power steering pump, the 2 groove crank pulley (351C) and the hose bracket that attaches the hose to engine compartment brace. Thanks.

Here's a question on that hose bracket; i have the big hose on my '72....i have asked a few people why the 73 has the same pump and steering box but has a shorter hose that doesnt do the long silly looking loop up onto the brace. Havent got an answer from anyone yet. Can i swap out that long hose for the shorter 73 hose? Not trying to hijack your thread Dave, figured it was related. And that double hose bracket is available used i believe, if you are going for the original factory design. Thanks

Contact Don at Ohio Mustang. He should have the parts you need.

Just saw your other post...you can call him too, or PM him. He's pretty good about that stuff. His website is www.ohiomustang.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a question on that hose bracket; i have the big hose on my '72....i have asked a few people why the 73 has the same pump and steering box but has a shorter hose that doesnt do the long silly looking loop up onto the brace. Havent got an answer from anyone yet. Can i swap out that long hose for the shorter 73 hose? Not trying to hijack your thread Dave, figured it was related. And that double hose bracket is available used i believe, if you are going for the original factory design. Thanks
The long hose was for cooling - in 73 Ford added a cooler and ditched the long hose

We are converting our 72 Mach 1 from manual steering to power steering (No air). I need a power steering pump pulley for the Ford (Thompson) power steering pump, the 2 groove crank pulley (351C) and the hose bracket that attaches the hose to engine compartment brace. Thanks.
Dave I have ps pully clamp, will check on 2 groove pully

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the cooler was fitted to pre-73 cars. I do NOT know if the cooler was installed on A/C cars but i have seen pics of the small cooler installed on '71 429's...which had all sorts of special under hood treatments like the fabled factory oil coolers. So if i install a 6" finned loop cooler i can go with the smaller less dumb looking power steering hose fitted on the '73?

Latest posts

Back