PYPES exhaust video (Violator content)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sly_drums

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Grande / 351 Clev. 2V + Weiand XCelerator intake + Holley 600 CFM carb
Hey guys, here is a video I did yesterday with the my new Pypes 2.5" header-back exhaust with X-pipe. I ordered a pair of Violator mufflers to put instead of the Street Pros that came with the kit :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORyZCc54xWo&feature=youtu.be

It sounds really good, not too loud at all, just loud as needed. It has a good midrange and a smooth bassy tone. Those sound even better when accelerating :) I noticed no drone at all.

The video sounds a bit muddy compared to the real sound, it's my camera's fault.

Only negative point is that it needed major rework to fit well on my car with staggered shocks. One side has a bit weird shape at the moment but this will be fixed in a few weeks.

I also noticed major performance increase with Hooker headers and this exhaust pipe.

Next video is me on the road, to come very soon ! :blush:

(and white smoke is because it's cold outside ! Disappears when the motor is warm)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice::thumb::

I have used Pypes 2,5" with Violator mufflers on two cars....very happy with the sound and how it fitted my cars ( no staggered shocks), but some modifications from rear axle and back.

The sound on the video cant compare to how it really sounds when you hear it:)

Back