Question on 72 Sprint Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midlife

Shorts checker
Reaction score
My Car
No Mustangs at the moment.
I'm working on a customer's 72 Sprint Sportsroof. He sent me a tail-light and a headlight harness (I'm waiting for the underdash). I went through the headlight harness, and it more closely resembled a 73, because of the 2 prong seat belt interlock feature (a blue rectangular plug with 2 of 4 pins used) that's under the hood.

Was this a feature in 1972? Specific to the Sprint? My documentation for 1972 doesn't show this feature, but I know of at least one mid-year change.

I'm working on a customer's 72 Sprint Sportsroof. He sent me a tail-light and a headlight harness (I'm waiting for the underdash). I went through the headlight harness, and it more closely resembled a 73, because of the 2 prong seat belt interlock feature (a blue rectangular plug with 2 of 4 pins used) that's under the hood.

Was this a feature in 1972? Specific to the Sprint? My documentation for 1972 doesn't show this feature, but I know of at least one mid-year change.
The Sprint I just tore apart had the seat release (purple) wires on it. Or they were the seatbelt wires beats me. The interior had been changed from white to black.

Back