Questionable Wiring, and vacuum lines.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jt.db

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Coupe- oddball mystery hand me down thats full of surprises
I was wondering if anyone had any wiring diagrams for the engine bay of the car (new reader friendly possibly) as my 73 coupe was in an accident (front end) and there isnt much of the engine bay there

(its already been repaired before me thats just my prior knowledge of the car)

car has documented 24,7xx miles, sat for 20 years.

battery apron has to be replaced

but before that, i need to manage the wiring.

this is what im working with. and yes, ill get new valve covers i know mine are an eye sore.

[this is what im working with. and yes, ill get new valve covers i know mine are an eye sore.]

I think the valve covers are the least important right now.

These picts reminds me my 73 so much when I got it. From a personal experience, I'd say, put this engine out, clean & treat the rust and put all checked/cleaned up back in.

I've lost so much time trying to fix/figure out what was done with the old dirty engine still in...

Then and only then you'll be able to take the road and know it will bring you where you want without surprise stops.

Geez, 24 pics...

First - wiring diagrams are under the "Mustang Data" pulldown, upper right of the top bar.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/misc.php?page=diagrams

Blocked vacuum port on front of intake is most likely for the retard portion of the dual vacuum advance can on the distributor.- which does not appear to be present. Leave it capped.

Port on top of the carb fuel bowl is a vent tube, but IIRC that's not stock 73 Mustang equipment. Leave it capped.

The steel lines on the intake are for the choke heat. The disconnected line goes to the cast in port on the rear of the carb air horn.

Line off the air cleaner goes to a manifold vacuum source, to operate the inlet air temp control flapper door.

disconnected wiring is probably for some piece of the emissions system that was removed, need the color of the wires.

Back