Quick upgraded engine bay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! thanks again, everyone! I am glad that I am getting such a positive response all around.

to answer more in depth on the colors. the 2 different blues match very well on the block vs the anodized finish of the script and pcv. the hold downs are a much lighter blue so I am thinking about giving them the anodized finish as well. the cables are blue but I get exactly what you are saying because they are just THAT vibrant of a blue which gives it an almost purple look at first glance. Im not about to take any offense to anything someone here says. I value this communities opinion always as constructive. the color scheme just took off in this direction as I was going. there is still plenty left to be desired here. I wasn't even going to go into the intake manifold and carb until later this summer even though I had them off to the side, ready to go. I was going in to do the headers since I was getting exhaust work done soon. of course I was down to the very last exhaust manifold bolt and it was the one that decided to break off in the head. since trying every little trick in the book got me no where. I ended up taking the head off and went all out since I had that much torn down. as is always the case, situations that come out of nowhere give great motivation.
Thanks for not getting insulted. And all of the 'blues' don't have to match 100% but generally if it is painted the same shade should be used, anodized stuff should all have the same shade and, of course, the wires won't really match in shade since they are different material.

It does look really good. I ended up with a more red theme on the wires, cap, battery, etc. None of the colors match 100%

Wow, you did a great job. You have the same air cleaner I purchased, except mine is blue. Did you pull the engine to do this? I don't think I need to comment on how nice your valve covers came out, everyone seemed to cover that. Awesome!

This gives me a bit of inspiration as I will be doing my first engine pull and repaint, or course with the help of my dad. It will be a nice father daughter project, even though he doesn't get to drive my car :p sometime he scares me when he drives! (he is a chevy lover anyway... but I over heard him talking to his friends about how nice my car was after the body work lol!).

-Elizabeth

Ah! Elizabeth I wish I had the blue but I actually picked mine up new from a buddy that ended up not using it with his car. I did not pull the engine to do this due to the fact so much was coming out of the car that I had room and simply masked off everything else. Good luck with your upcoming project and I will be looking forward to your results!

Back