Quicky interior question...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripper679

Reaction score
Hello!!!
Ok.... so I'm going to have a local mustang shop pop my headliner in. Question is.... can I install the drip rails and door weatherstrip that goes in the bright aluminum trim pieces above the door first? Or do these pieces need to be off for the headliner install? Or maybe install them loosely so they can tuck the headliner under them for a better install? I have no point of reference here so much advice needed. I have the 3 metal pieces on the inside of the car installed with the shark teeth to hold the headliner on. See attached pics to better understand wtf I'm talking about... lol. I plan on 3m strip caulk under the outside drip rail and weatherstrip rail... that works....... right? I think? I...... think?

Side note.... rear window already removed.

Thanks all!
Old guys rule.

Attachments

• 20240908_083050.jpg
    20240908_083050.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240908_083111.jpg
    20240908_083111.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240908_083106.jpg
    20240908_083106.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I think those pieces are outside the car, per se. So, I think it’s ok. If they have to remove something, I suspect they’ll do that anyway. BTW, do they know about the roll bar?

I think those pieces are outside the car, per se. So, I think it’s ok. If they have to remove something, I suspect they’ll do that anyway. BTW, do they know about the roll bar?
Thanks... I'll get em hung then.
Yeah... the roll bar was installed with the headliner in mind... should be good to go.
Probably.
Thanks!

I would wait and leave extra material to put under the channel as I found headliner material under my weather strip channel which I found it covers the gap between the headliner trim and the channel which I wish I would have know ahead a time.

I just finished installing a headliner recently ---- do not install the drip-rail outer molding or the weatherstrip channels. They will get in the way of properly gluing. clamping and trimming the headliner to the side retainers...

Attachments

• Headliner Install-1.JPG
    Headliner Install-1.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 0
I just finished installing a headliner recently ---- do not install the drip-rail outer molding or the weatherstrip channels. They will get in the way of properly gluing. clamping and trimming the headliner to the side retainers...
Yes but I would leave some of xtra length too tuck up under the weather seal channel after the glues dries and you remove the clamps. I found there is a gap between the interior headliner trim and the channel you can see from inside the car if you look up.
Just my observation and what I saw after doing mine.
I don’t think I took a pic of it.IMG_3083.jpeg

Back