R&r right air conditioning vent

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Animal Lawyer

Reaction score
So, today my right air conditioning vent disintegrated (all the slats fell out). I sourced one here in classifieds and now need to figure out how to remove the old one.

Can I access it by removing the glove compartment or do I have to disassemble half the car to replace it? Any instructions in the manuals?

Pull the top of the dash. You will need to disconnect the a/c vent tube to the vent to get it out and replace with new one. Only take a few minutes to do after dash pad is off.

Edited 4-22-22 Depending on what you are replacing will determine what needs to be taken apart. See Sheriff41 reply below for just the louver section. If the register housing needs to be replaced that is held in place by screws and is easier to accessed from backside of dash.

Last edited:
If you just need to remove the register you can reach in on the top or bottom between the register and the vent housing with a small screwdriver, gently push the tab/pivot and ease out the register. The register is held in the housing by the pivots which are made to depress enough to snap into holes in the housing.

Back