Rear Axle Brake-line Distribution Block

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Anybody know who might have these [new or repop] for sale? I might be able to re-use the original one from mine, but would rather go with a new unit.

FYI: it's the 'splitter' mounted directly onto the rear axle between the axle hard lines and rear flexible line.

I believe I have one that I bought from NPD for a 1973 9". It wouldnt fir on my rear. I beleive my housing was changed out. I can take a Pic of it when I get home and see if it matches what you need!

I still have the old one (crusty with mud and whatever else was living on the rear axle), and now I gotta wonder - looking at the replacement rear hoses from the various Mustang vendors, is this splitter/rear distribution block I keep talking about actually part of the soft rear brake line (the axle-side fitting that the axle hard lines connect to)?

I was of the opinion that it was a separate piece because the one on my Jeep was one of those separate pieces made of "unobtainium."

If so - I have a new one on the way.

If it's the one with the single rubber and the 2 line inputs on the left side, last I knew so was that part. You may want to check with Don at OMS. Hell he's deboned over 75 of these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's the one with the single rubber and the 2 line inputs on the left side, last I knew so was that part. You may want to check with Don at OMS. Hell he's deboned over 75 of these things.
I believe that's it. Hopefully, the new one coming will be the same as the one in my trunk (minus the crusty/rusty stuff, that is). rofl

I took my old one, cleaned it up, cut the rubber line off, drilled and tapped the incoming hole. Then went to my local dirt track shop that carries all kind of stainless flex lines and fittings. Made up the stainless flex line from -3 components to the block for like $25

Latest posts

Back