Rear seat removal

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Push you front seats forward and seat backs. Get in the back push the back seat in hard toward the trunk while pulling up. It may take a couple of attempts. They are very stiff 'clips' that back seat latches into. If your a big guy it can be tough to fit into the rear. I'm small skinny and still not easy!

I have 72 Vert.

Last edited:
With much appreciation, CV 72 Mustang! Yes, those clips are tight! However, I had it much easier as I had the top down and the passenger seat removed.

This is such a great forum. Interior stuff is so fragile and I'm always careful not to break things so having someone with experience is, very valuable.

I'm going to post another thread regarding door panels and interior rear quarter panels. I have a white interior car, all original, including comfort weave. The door panels are obviously starting to yellow and dirty, I'm wondering the best way to clean and or if I should replace, but then I'm concerned the seats will no longer match because this white is not a bright white like I'm sure the new replacements may be.

Thanks again!

O yes I forgot to mention the top down! Totally agree with fragile. You can't get replacements for some items so I'm really careful. I have a turn indicator light out in my cluster out and decided not mess with it until I'm really forced to. Lucky you have the original seats. I don't have experience cleaning the door panels, but I'm sure someone will chime in!
Tony

Thanks again, Tony,

I've just pulled the entire dash out of my car, replaced all the lightbulbs with LEDs. If you need assistance, the turn signal bulbs are part of the LED replacement kit. I'll be happy to help if I can ever assist. Much appreciated.

Thanks again, Tony,

I've just pulled the entire dash out of my car, replaced all the lightbulbs with LEDs. If you need assistance, the turn signal bulbs are part of the LED replacement kit. I'll be happy to help if I can ever assist. Much appreciated.
Please do not replace the alternator indicator lamp or the proportioning brake light with LED's, as both lamps are polarity sensitive.

O yes I forgot to mention the top down! Totally agree with fragile. You can't get replacements for some items so I'm really careful. I have a turn indicator light out in my cluster out and decided not mess with it until I'm really forced to. Lucky you have the original seats. I don't have experience cleaning the door panels, but I'm sure someone will chime in!
Tony
Go here https://wecanfixthat.com/locations/. I've had them do door panels and seat repairs. They mix the colors on-site to get a perfect match. The repairs and color match hold up very well, prices are reasonable and they come to you. Chuck

Go here https://wecanfixthat.com/locations/. I've had them do door panels and seat repairs. They mix the colors on-site to get a perfect match. The repairs and color match hold up very well, prices are reasonable and they come to you. Chuck
Thank you, C9ZX! I will check this out. Interior panel refresh will be my next project once I get the dash and radio all put back in.

Latest posts

Back