Rear view mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H code Mach 1
When i bought my 73 Mach the rear view mirror button was never on windshield,I have button and mirror to put on. My question is can anyone help me with the placement ( measurements ) of the button. Thanks guys for any help on this.

Measuring from the top outside bright trim molding, down 7.75 inches. Measuring from the drivers, side outside bright molding, at 90 degrees to the first measurement, 25.125 inches. These measurements were taken from a Carlite, date coded windshield that came with the "button" installed. It sure looks correct to me. This is the fifth 71-73 I've owned since 1976.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I know the rear view is pretty much useless on a Mach, But it bugs me that it isn't there
I understand completely. Finding the correct mirror can be a challenge. They are not being reproduced that I know of. A mirror is easy to find.

Chuck

Thunder, Most of the time around here we just go down to our local glass shop and the will install it with their super duper heavy duty glue/epoxy for just about the same price as you can buy the "mirror glue" from the parts store.

Thunder, Most of the time around here we just go down to our local glass shop and the will install it with their super duper heavy duty glue/epoxy for just about the same price as you can buy the "mirror glue" from the parts store.
Good idea...We have tried 3 times to stick the mirror button on and 3 times it has fallen back off! That was using Permatex rear view mirror glue kits. I might give the local auto glass guy a call...I bet they use better glue than we can buy!

I was down at the local auto glass shop "checking into replacing the windshield on my Jeep"' when I mentioned that I couldn't get the rear view mirror on my Ranger to stay on, and the guy said, "Pull it in the shop and we'll do it for you." By the time they had written a quote on the windshield, the glue was dry on the mirror and they didn't charge me a thing.

Doc

Latest posts

Back