Recent Purchases Thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much of a difference did the tracs make?
The Cal -tracs are fantastic! I set them up as per their instructions and actually had to back them off some.They were making the car bogg off the line.My re-action time went from so-so to really good.I can't wait to throw some more HP at them.You do pick up a little more road noise.
Where did you get them and how much were they?
I ordered them from Money Maker Racing.He advertises on Racingjunk.com ,they were 369.00.

I've got a leather wrap on my Blazer's steering wheel and love it. Haven't found anything that I like better yet.

Also, I went a head and got a Pertronix Ignitor for my Accel. Hopefully it'll solve my problems.

I know what you mean about the leather wrap. My old one was wrapped because it was cracked all over.

Just got home and opened my 'James Bond Special center console' (the one I mentioned from eBay with all the mil-spec switches and lamps).

It's AWESOME!!! Not really a mark on it to speak of, outside of all the holes for the switches and stuff. The guy even included a spare armrest/console box piece [cut off] from another one that he might've thought about using as a skin graft or something. Probably even be able to get away with just cleaning it, rather than painting and stuff. SCORE!!

Just got home and opened my 'James Bond Special center console' (the one I mentioned from eBay with all the mil-spec switches and lamps).

It's AWESOME!!! Not really a mark on it to speak of, outside of all the holes for the switches and stuff. The guy even included a spare armrest/console box piece [cut off] from another one that he might've thought about using as a skin graft or something. Probably even be able to get away with just cleaning it, rather than painting and stuff. SCORE!!
Pic, please. I'd love to see what that looks like. :)

Doc

I FINALLY got the cam kit ordered. For some reason, every possible thing that could take up my time has done just that. But now the complete cam kit is ordered so now I've got to get those heads pulled.

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
I FINALLY got the cam kit ordered. For some reason, every possible thing that could take up my time has done just that. But now the complete cam kit is ordered so now I've got to get those heads pulled.

Doc

What brand and what specs Doc?

Doc

I went with the CompCams 32-242-4. The complete specs are here: http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=847&sb=2

But here's the simple story:

Hydraulic Flat Tappet

RPM: 1400 - 5600

218 - 224 @ .050

.513 - .520 valve lift

.298 - .301 lobe lift

A pretty tame cam that will meet my "daily driver" needs, I think. No stall converter needed.

I'll need to start talking to you guys about intake/carb recommendations really soon!

Doc

Doc

I went with the CompCams 32-242-4. The complete specs are here: http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam-specs/Details.aspx?csid=847&sb=2

But here's the simple story:

Hydraulic Flat Tappet

RPM: 1400 - 5600

218 - 224 @ .050

.513 - .520 valve lift

.298 - .301 lobe lift

A pretty tame cam that will meet my "daily driver" needs, I think. No stall converter needed.

I'll need to start talking to you guys about intake/carb recommendations really soon!

Doc

one thing to remember to start with on the intake is if you are going to run ram air or not. You have to watch the height. I wanted to run the Air Gap but it was to high. But think it was better performing than the one I bought.

Pic, please. I'd love to see what that looks like. :)

Doc
Ebay's not letting me save the pictures, so I'll have to get some later. But for now, check out this link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270672275272&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT If the link doesn't work, it was item #: 270672275272

Also, don't forget to read the write-up. Totally cracked me up when I read it... and simply had to buy it afterward because this guy definitely had a sense of humor. Like I said, the guy even included another armrest/box section - picture from the back of the ashtray, all the way to the back of the console - cut off of another one from the crease up.

UcbRM.jpg

Nice score! You will be a happy camper with that Pertronix stuff under the hood!
Yeah, I wanted to go the Duraspark/MSD controller route but it was just too expensive for me right now. Hopefully this will get me running again. If not, I'm in trouble haha. Shouldn't be a problem, though, as everything was fine before I started messing with the distributor. Just wish this rain would let up so I could start working on it again.

The pertronix ignitor and coil works well. MSD is for when you start making big power. You should be clearing out soon as it stopped raining here after 5 dam days. Have fun working MACH1.

Got a Bradbury Mint Mustang logo watch for Christmas. (I attached a pic, but it hasn't shown up yet)

Back