Remember when

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rotary service still avalible in my house too, we use to have a few of them, but i ran into this old black bakelite heavy wall hanger, this phone had to be wired up inside your home by a phone company repair man, it had no cord.. i had to open it up and figure out how the heck they wired it..I'm lucky i contacted a few rare phone sites and they showed me " with out it you will be lost tring to hook one up" I though.. simple phone like this, be easy to find the right spots..lmao!! i was wrong, but figured out the right spots to attach the wires with some expert help, and it works like a top!! ;) so many want to use it when they see it on the wall..lol

They always say, cool phone dout it works thou..and i say..go ahead works like a champ..and they always say really? can i call some one? lmao

P5020091.JPG

P5020097.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_0123.JPG

us poor keeds got these...do you know who sold them?

Absolutely RacerX! and they've been gone for years....next the cool kids got these....

7be85088c3b8948965399c6a7552fa0b.jpg
Schwinn Stingray! With a Banana seat and a sissy bar and Ape hanger handlebars!!! Loved those things! I remember building bikes in my younger days. changing all the parts around, swapping cranks, etc.

One of my fav old machines , me on my old trike, i still remember when they took that picture how bright it was that day, hurt my eyes to look at the camera..lol

img009.jpg

7KdQzYMX6MN8BjSLH.yOPg.jpg

dang ...ya'll musta been RICH. All I got was one of these crappy peddle cars ..."USED" :mad: I think it really was the catalyst for teaching me to cuss!!!! I distinctly remember thinking "what a piece of shh......." you never could get the peddles to work right.

67MfAD.jpgRemember this? My Dad bought 3 of them at Christmas (one for both of my brothers and one for me) this is the exact moment I fell in love with the Ford Mustang and yes I still have mine (it's a little worse for wear but It's in fair condition for a toy that was played with.

Remember this? My Dad bought 3 of them at Christmas (one for both of my brothers and one for me) this is the exact moment I fell in love with the Ford Mustang and yes I still have mine (it's a little worse for wear but It's in fair condition for a toy that was played with.
That's a great ad: I got one at Christmas when I was a kid...my first Mustang! Along with my first girlfriend! back then, a new Mustang was sure to get you some female companionship!

My first Mustang!.jpg

Remember this? My Dad bought 3 of them at Christmas (one for both of my brothers and one for me) this is the exact moment I fell in love with the Ford Mustang and yes I still have mine (it's a little worse for wear but It's in fair condition for a toy that was played with.
That's a great ad: I got one at Christmas when I was a kid...my first Mustang! Along with my first girlfriend! back then, a new Mustang was sure to get you some female companionship!
What was true then is still true today. Mustangs are chick magnets.

I had the Orange 1966 Mustang Coupe version. They were pretty neat to have as a kiddo, in the middle of the excitement of first generation Mustang.

I remember back in the day, I "borrowed" my brother's big block camaro and on the way home I stopped to fill it up self serve. The car was hard to start when hot so the attendant told me to just leave it running. As he was pumping the gas the idle surged a bit and I feathered the throttle and gave it a quick stab to keep it running. The attendant was sucked almost completely into the gas tank! I drove it home with a pair of sneakers banging against the rear bumper with every bump.

I remember one Friday night I was driving from the YMCA when my 1965 GTO ran out of gas. I ran back to the Y and got some of my friends to push it down main street in heavy traffic to a Sunoco Station. I only had 35 cents in my gym shorts So I told the guy and he said I'll put in a little extra and so he put in a couple of gallons for about a buck. I drove home got some cash from my Dad and paid the guy and to this day he is one of my best friends.

Back