Removed the Door Open Buzzer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, Q code, 4 speed, 3.25, A/C, P/S
In case anyone needs this . . .

The door buzzer (and seatbelt buzzer) are located above the glove box. You can access the panel that contains those (and other relays) by removing two screws and dropping the metal plate in the picture below.

Once you drop that metal plate, a few connectors will be in front of you. The seat belt and door buzzer connectors are identical. I'm pointing to one of them in the picture below.

For me, the one on the right was the door buzzer and the one on the left was the seat belt.

You could just unplug the buzzers, however, I removed mine and tied up the wires.

Attachments

• PXL_20240609_180802527.jpg
    PXL_20240609_180802527.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240609_173920858.jpg
    PXL_20240609_173920858.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240609_173936629.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240609_173936629.MP.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
How long do you have your door open, when you get in, that a safety buzzer drives you batty? Ever own a new car? Just sayin".

How long do you have your door open, when you get in, that a safety buzzer drives you batty? Ever own a new car? Just sayin".
I find it unnecessary and easy to remove. I don't consider this a necessary or worthwhile feature on old cars, or new ones.

My car is vert. The top is always down. I never lock the doors. I have no idea if the door locks even work. And I almost always leave the keys in the ignition. I live in an area where this is ok.

To me, it's an unnecessary buzzing (I never said it drove me batty) that's easy to fix.

If it's a positive feature for you, leave it.

But I saved the buzzers in case a future owner likes them. :)

Funny enough I found mine disconnected, not knowing what it was, I plugged it in. As soon as I realized it is the door buzzer, pulled the plug right back out, no thank you. Often let the car idle in the garage and leave the door open. That noise is annoying.

Funny enough I found mine disconnected, not knowing what it was, I plugged it in. As soon as I realized it is the door buzzer, pulled the plug right back out, no thank you. Often let the car idle in the garage and leave the door open. That noise is annoying.
I did the exact same thing. So annoying when working on the car trying to troubleshoot something and that damn buzzer going off.

The little guy reminds me often to shut my lights out. So is it annoying, oh yes it is, but very useful too. However this thread reminds me my old plan to replace it with the ‘ding ding’ from my old 91 tbird. Just as useful, but less annoying. Now if I remember this AND recall where I have stored that thing, I might do it this weekend! Aging is a biatch! 😄

The little guy reminds me often to shut my lights out. So is it annoying, oh yes it is, but very useful too. However this thread reminds me my old plan to replace it with the ‘ding ding’ from my old 91 tbird. Just as useful, but less annoying. Now if I remember this AND recall where I have stored that thing, I might do it this weekend! Aging is a biatch! 😄
Since my daily has "Automatic" lights I was worried about that as well. So I wired my headlamps through a relay so they would not put the load on the headlight switch but also wired it to shut the lights off when the key is turned off. They still work in the on and accessory position.

Back