Relay Panel above glove box missing buzzer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible Q code, Auto C6 trans
I'm looking for help identifying a missing component on my Relay Panel. Opening it up, I found I'm missing what I think is a buzzer for the Key/Headlight Warning buzzer. I've looked at all of the great postings in here that have helped me determine this (Thanks especially Hemikiller, Mrgmhale & Rackerm). So I think a previous owner probably removed this, but I'd like to restore the function where if headlights are left on the warning sounds. The harness connector is the C-701, with the Red/Pink stripe wire & Black/Pink Hash wire. Now I'd like to connect it to right part to make this work but I'm second guessing myself when looking for replacement parts, and would appreciate any help.

My confusion is that parts seem to indicate a "Key/Seatbelt" buzzer versus a "Key/Headlight" buzzer. I know my Seatbelt buzzer works great. It's on my panel on the left side. The electrical drawing shows the buzzer getting inputs from the Key or the Headlights. So I'm wondering if the actual Key/Headlight buzzer is the same part# as the one for the seatbelt.

Looking a NPD & other sources I'm coming up empty even finding anything, but perhaps because I'm not using proper search terms. EBay has some but the nomenclature doesn't match what I'm describing.

Here's a link from WCCC for example, and I'm wondering if this is what I need to restore my function if I can find one.

https://secure.cougarpartscatalog.c...1972-1973-Ford-Mustang.html?sessionthemeid=26
Thanks for reading and considering my question.

Attachments

• Key Warning Buzzer - Connector C-701.jpg
    Key Warning Buzzer - Connector C-701.jpg
    999.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Relay Panel - As Found.jpg
    Relay Panel - As Found.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • Relay Panel - Key Reminder Wiring.jpg
    Relay Panel - Key Reminder Wiring.jpg
    435.2 KB · Views: 2
Oh great! This is very helpful. Thank you very much.
Another member PM’d with a part he had that I’m hoping will work. If not, this related thread you posted will certainly get me going. Thanks again!
Bob

It sounds like you got the info you needed. But, I am providing some files for you anyway just to make certain you have all you need. I collected some of this info from other members on this forum, folks to whom I am indebted for so freely sharing the details I needed for myself at one time.

in your post you attached some files, one of which is a schematic. Do you need additional schematic info? Or are you good with what you have?

Attachments

• ___1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelAboveGloveBox_20210705.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelComponent_Photo_20210705.jpg
    1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelComponent_Photo_20210705.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelComponents-Identified_20210706.mp4
    26.1 MB
  • 1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelComponents-Identified_Photo_20210705.jpg
    1971-1973Mustang_RelayPanelComponents-Identified_Photo_20210705.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1973Mustang_RelayBarCircuitsAndConnectors_20220425.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • MatthewBarela_C702-C702_Circuit_1973Mustang_20200929.pdf
    12.7 MB · Views: 0
I decided to take the snippets from the larger, full wiring schematic for the Relay Bar related circuitry and put them into a file snippet, with some annotations. If you need it, here it is. If not, I am certain someone will find it useful someday. If nothing else it was fun putting together. I have not been able to sleep at night for a few weeks, so I may as well put my time to good use...

Attachments

• 7173_RelayBarWiringSchematics_20240201.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
Back