Replacing door hinge pin and bushings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
Question: can I replace the door hinges and pins without removing the hinges from the car? I mean, I know it’s possible, but is it practical? I’m going to use an engine hoist to hold the door weight, knock out the pins, pull the door away, replace the bushings, etc. TY. Steve

Never tried myself, but There is a older YouTube video made by WCCC (west coast classic cougars) that is worth a view (Leaving the doors on the car...as cougars and mustang are very similar). i don’t know how to copy/attach the video here but just search “ door hinge rebuild -1969 cougar”. He does a nice job of walking through the process.
good luck

I watched the Cougar video and it looks difficult to remove. I think I’ll remove the fenders first, which will make it easier. I remember drilling a hole in my Camaro’s hinge to allow me to put it back in the same spot, but I don’t see an easy way to do that. Maybe with the fenders off it will be clearer. Thank for the help.

Back