Restoration update

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTGSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible red/white interior. Engine: 302 V8 w/air, upgraded Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Petronix, Holly 600cfm carb, power windows.
Since my car has been in the shop for the past 4 months, I finally have an update. The shop fabricated a new wiring harness for the convertible top switch so it now works! The new inner fender apron is welded in along with new battery tray. They are getting started on rewiring the power windows and then will install the new heater core assembly.

News of the weird. Only 3 of the windows were wired for power. The driver's quarter window actually still had the manual crank, but no internals to speak of so it just spun there. I thought this was exceptionally odd, but nonetheless fixable. More photos of the progress will come in a couple of weeks.

Since my car has been in the shop for the past 4 months, I finally have an update. The shop fabricated a new wiring harness for the convertible top switch so it now works! The new inner fender apron is welded in along with new battery tray. They are getting started on rewiring the power windows and then will install the new heater core assembly.

News of the weird. Only 3 of the windows were wired for power. The driver's quarter window actually still had the manual crank, but no internals to speak of so it just spun there. I thought this was exceptionally odd, but nonetheless fixable. More photos of the progress will come in a couple of weeks.
Congrats on progress! Can't wait for pics!

Latest posts

Back