Restoration updates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with the restoration, you'll get it done if you stick with it. I still can't understand why these cars rust as bad as they do:huh:
I hear you, I put my fender outside for one night cause I couldnt store it anywhere. Next morning, little spots of rust on the metal.. :s mweh, grind it again ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Like we always said in the EMS feild. You can't treat what you can't see. STRIP IT! I'm sure the bodywork experts will be right along to tell you how to repair that.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, get some Blair spot weld cutters the next time you have to take out spotwelds. Easier, better, and far less destructive than punching them out with a chisel.

Took me over 150 spotwelds before I snapped my first bit, FYI. The Blair kits work beautifully: http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-positive-blair-11096-3-8-spot-weld-removal-kit

-Kurt
I haven't cut out any spotwelds in the back yet, ordered a spot weld drill last week so when I recieve it Ill be taking out the spotwelds. Your page with the complete trunk renovation helps me alot though. If you have any more tips that would be awesome.. thx

Some update pics...!!

I got a good look at my cowl on the passengers side today.

TO MY SUPRISE: NO RUST -.-

Seriously cowls are annoying..

Cowl Open Pan.jpg

Cowl Open Pan out.jpg

Floor board

Floor Board 24-2-13.jpg

Rear window

Rear Window.jpg

Rear view, some spotwelds cut out, trunk drops offs..

Rear View 24-2-13.jpg

Any thoughts are welcome!

Cheers..

Back