Returning to Stock Air Cleaner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccijwright

Reaction score
My Car
1996 Cobra Convert
1973 Mach 1
Morning,

I'm going back to the stock air cleaner (351cj) from the Edelbrock open element cleaner on there now. Question, will I need to readjust the carb (also Edelbrock) do to a more restrictive air source? Thanks-

Last edited by a moderator:
For driving around on the street I don't believe it will require adjustment. For prolonged high rpm runs, it might. In part it all depends on how rich the carburetor is running, now. If it's currently on the rich side it might need some tweaking. I would run it for a while and then pull a couple of spark plugs to see how they look. Black (carbon) is too rich, white is too lean, tan to light brown is what you're looking for.

For driving around on the street I don't believe it will require adjustment. For prolonged high rpm runs, it might. In part it all depends on how rich the carburetor is running, now. If it's currently on the rich side it might need some tweaking. I would run it for a while and then pull a couple of spark plugs to see how they look. Black (carbon) is too rich, white is too lean, tan to light brown is what you're looking for.
Cool, thanks for the quick response. JD-

Back