Ripped off by a parts seller

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machattack

Reaction score
My Car
1971 mustang mach 1 351c 4v auto fmx
1968 mustang gt 302 4v 4 speed
*****WARNING***** I posted the ad above for a key lock set for my 71 mach 1. I received a response from what I felt was a member on the forum.
He emailed me through my email address that i posted in the ad. He gave me the price and the amount wanted for the lock set and asked that I pay with Pay pal. I used his email address that was given ( Ricky Fowler423 @ gmail .com) .
I contacted him to make sure he received the payment of $50.00 ? he then emailed me again and told me to use another email address because the initial one he gave wasnt linked to Pay Pal. I canceled that 50.00 transaction and I re-sent the payment to the new email address he provided
( [email protected]) A womans name was attached to that email address with the last name as DULa.)
The forum has people preying upon us so beware. Im out 50.00 just happy it wasnt more than that. I would ask the officers to block this member if he actually has an account with the forum? as he is a CON artist.

Always ask for a photo of the parts with a post-it note with your name and the current date in the photo. If they won't do that, pass.
This is a MUST. Internet theft is rampant these days. I buy and sell radio equipment on a popular amateur radio web site. Due to the amount of fraud, the site no longer allows "Wanted" ads for anything more than low-cost piece parts. Sellers must include photos of their items with a hand-written note showing their name, call sign, and the date, just as @MikeGriese suggests.

I was the one who initiated the "looking for locksets" thread that @machattack also posted in. I was also contacted (almost immediately) by the same scammer, and by another one later. EDIT: Both of these scammers contacted me via PM; they had obtained user ID's on the forum! The responses smelled fishy, so I deleted them and I reported the contacts to the moderators.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back