road tripping thru austria and germany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadian_red_maple_leaf

Reaction score
My Car
1966 Mustang K-Code Coupe
1968 VW Beetle
1969 Mustang Mach1
1971 Mustang 351 Boss
1972 Mustang Convertible
1983 Mercedes 280SL
hi folks,

since i wasn't able to do any paragliding the last few days i decided to do a road trip and visit chuck and dagi in germany.

i loaded my 66 k-code coupe onto the train and from vienna the trip went to innsbruck. from there i drove up north thru the alps to bad toelz and finally to boeblingen (near stuttgart). it was a true pleasure meeting chuck and his wife. i made a few calls and we managed to get together 3 muscle cars (1969 mach1, 1964 ford falcon and my little coupe). it was fun tearing up the streets thru the black forest. during our stops we swapped cars and i was able to drive the falcon. now this little falcon is nothing off the shelf. it was built for the monte carlo ralley by a friend of mine. a beast of a car with around 1200 kg and 350 HP :)...now that is fun to drift around with :)

here are a few impressions. start from the bottom and work your way back up.

abudi

Last edited by a moderator:
Outstanding in every regard.

But we do need photos of the beer wenches...and of mustard bottles.

They have the best mustard in Germany.

@ wolverine, i forgot to take a picture of the beer :)

you should taste the beer and wine we have in austria.......

abudi

@ wolverine, i forgot to take a picture of the beer :)

you should taste the beer and wine we have in austria.......

abudi
Was not in Austria, but I found most Euro beers to be superior all American brews....except maybe Fat Tire.

Very cool, thanks for sharing! I'm assuming at around $9.00 a gallon you guys probably didn't spend to much time in the fast lanes on the autobahns.

Jim

Looks like fun, Abudi. Why didn't you drive the '71 Boss?
Great question! Boss or maybe the 72 convertible?

Looks like a lot of fun. I see Chuck is comfortable around muscle Fords anywhere on the globe!

Cool you made time to visit.

Ray

Another cool thread. Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves, thanks for sharing.

I would love to drive over there. Next time I go down there I'll come visit for sure. Me and my girlfriend should be going to Europe in the next year or 2. We will be going to the Czech republic But once there we are not to far.

wow i didn't expect this much feedback!!

i took the coupe because this mustang isn't restored yet. i like the grungy look of my little k-code.

the boss isn't registered at the DMV yet and that's why i am not allowed to drive it yet. i'll be putting it thru the test within the next few weeks.

@luxstang, will you make it to sinsheim? i might be there with my 69 mach1.

@all, for those who might want to come and visit europe you should also plan a little stop over here in vienna.

abudi

it sure was and having all those people along was really a blast.

i will be doing roadtrip thru the austrian alps and i'll be posting those pics too......shortly :)

abudi

@all, for those who might want to come and visit europe you should also plan a little stop over here in vienna.

abudi
The Frau and I visit Stuggart and Hamburg Germany once a year to visit family members, maybe on one of the trips we'll cruise to Vienna (in a rental audi, not a Mustang). We've only been to Vienna once but we loved it! Once again thanks for sharing your cruise, awsome stuff.

Jim

Back