San Diego wild fires

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
72 Mustang Mach 1 (parts car)
Hey guys, today was a tough day hear in San Diego. Our Santana winds pick up and one point we had 9+ wild fires burning around the county. There have been thousands of people evacuated from there homes and several homes have been lost. So please keep them in your thoughts and priers.

Hey guys, today was a tough day hear in San Diego. Our Santana winds pick up and one point we had 9+ wild fires burning around the county. There have been thousands of people evacuated from there homes and several homes have been lost. So please keep them in your thoughts and priers.
Just watched it on the news, the good news is apparently no human losses reported as of this time. Insurance should cover lodging, food and replace property losses but it's still a major disruption in their lives and some personal items such as photos can't be replaced. Some of the homes that have burned were reportingly recently rebuilt after burning in prior fires. Construction workers will be very much in demand for at least two years in that area.

Been thinking of you today. Hope you and your family are safe. Be careful out there. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and all the people in San Diego County. Wild fires suck.

-Travis

I've been keeping up with the fires, I have also have family in that area, several thousands people have been told to evacuate by civil authorities. If you know of anyone evacuated advise them to contact their homeowners insurance, they should have coverage to pay their expenses during the evacuation period, even if their home isn't damage.

Policyholders who have lost their homes to the fires are immediately eligible for Additional Living Expense (ALE) coverage which may reimburse for increased living expenses such as, lodging, food, clothing, toiletries and other necessities. Policyholders who are evacuated by civil officials, may also be eligible for ALE reimbursement even if their home isn't damaged.

Policyholders who have lost their homes to the fires are immediately eligible for Additional Living Expense (ALE) coverage which may reimburse for increased living expenses such as, lodging, food, clothing, toiletries and other necessities. Policyholders who are evacuated by civil officials, may also be eligible for ALE reimbursement even if their home isn't damaged.
Not if you have Allstate...expect to get shortchanged..even denied coverage..Just look at how they handled Sandy...Saw this at Home Depot (I already knew about them)

101_0843.JPG101_0845.JPG

Not if you have Allstate...expect to get shortchanged..even denied coverage..Just look at how they handled Sandy...Saw this at Home Depot (I already knew about them)
interesting!!!!!.....I suppose these experiences bring out the discrimination of our media and our government.

FEMA or the insurance company did not reimburse me because I left a day (duh I watched the news) early prior to the HURRICANE hitting the shores of Texas. I also find it amusing that if you are in Florida *which i have a house there, or Texas .... we are looked upon as well you shouldnt have built your house in the path of potential hurricanes. If you live in NJ and got hit by a storm...OH LETS HELP THOSE RICH PEOPLE REBUILD or California .....Oh you built your house in a FIRE ZONE....you poor thing lets get you some help.

Just my experience.

Damn Mike.. Hope it stays 5 miles from you.
Me to Pat.What gets me are the dumb asses that where hosing down there roofs in my neighborhood today.:mad: If the fire started burning this far in town we were screwed. All I could think was the fireman not having enough water pressure.:dodgy:

Damn Mike.. Hope it stays 5 miles from you.
Me to Pat.What gets me are the dumb asses that where hosing down there roofs in my neighborhood today.:mad: If the fire started burning this far in town we were screwed. All I could think was the fireman not having enough water pressure.:dodgy:
Some pretty eye opening pics Mike, the air quality should be of concern even if the fire doesn't reach your home, be safe.

Jim

interesting!!!!!.....I suppose these experiences bring out the discrimination of our media and our government.

FEMA or the insurance company did not reimburse me because I left a day (duh I watched the news) early prior to the HURRICANE hitting the shores of Texas. I also find it amusing that if you are in Florida *which i have a house there, or Texas .... we are looked upon as well you shouldnt have built your house in the path of potential hurricanes. If you live in NJ and got hit by a storm...OH LETS HELP THOSE RICH PEOPLE REBUILD or California .....Oh you built your house in a FIRE ZONE....you poor thing lets get you some help.

Just my experience.
Hope everyone stays safe!!

FEMA "rolls eyes" Had to deal with them before. Lets just say they love the idea of owning land, My old family home got flooded, they gave my granny a loan for repairs she had to pay every cent back.. trailer park next to us "some people i knew" They all got checks of 10,000 too 30,000 for free...they did not have to pay back a dime..Did not matter if they owned the trailer or not...All the land owners " they gave us loans for the same amount" In hopes we could not pay it back..And it sure did happen..A few could not pay back the loan and lost it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, we must be neighbors! The lake hodges fire was burning about 5 miles northwest from me! It got a little intense last night when we were up to nine, and then a few more started today. Arsonists are not nice...

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well over ten thousand acres burned and one fatality. Today's record braking temp was 104. Here is some pics from the fire which is about 5 mile west of me.
WOW..5 miles away I'd be crapping a pickle ! Stay safe Mike & I hope it doesn't get any closer !

Mike, we must be neighbors! The lake hodges fire was burning about 5 miles northwest from me! It got a little intense last night when we were up to nine, and then a few more started today. Arsonists are not nice...
Hope they catch them!!

We get some around here too once and a while..Pretty dry here...Year after year we had some repeat arsonist when i was young, turned out to be a couple of volunteer firefighters setting the fires for work.

Back