shaved drip rails

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! Truly ambitious! Keep us posted on what you did on the pass side!

I love it! Awesome job! Now that's just great, I have yet one more thing to do to the 3 cars I'm restoring so do an extra good job with that tutorial! :D

Subscribed! Thanks Buddy!

Don, sorry to disappoint you by creating more work :) at least it's worth it, because it does look great! Better than I expected actually. Just gotta make sure that if I get caught in the rain I've got my umbrella opened BEFORE I get out!

I'll hopefully get started on the passenger side this weekend, if not early next week.

Stay tuned...

Hopefully finishing up tonight. Forgot thanksgiving was this week, so I may not have time to organize all the pics into a useful format for everyone to follow, but it'll be coming soon :)
Excellent! About how many hours per side do you have in this mod? (not including paint, etc.)

Tough to say on the drivers side...since I did it twice ;) the passenger side so far about 6-8hrs or so...probably another 3-4 to go w/out body filler & paint...not a quicky job for sure! If I did it again it would be a bit shorter but not by much to get it right.

Don, sorry to disappoint you by creating more work :) at least it's worth it, because it does look great! Better than I expected actually. Just gotta make sure that if I get caught in the rain I've got my umbrella opened BEFORE I get out!

I'll hopefully get started on the passenger side this weekend, if not early next week.

Stay tuned...
You live in Connecticut. Its not if you get stuck in the rain, its when.:D

Sorry to keep everyone in suspense a bit longer on the tutorial. Between Thanksgiving, decorating my house inside and out for Christmas, re-caulking my shower, and spending all day today changing the oil and fixing an exhaust leak on my wife's Passat :mad:, i haven't touched the '71 since last week. I WILL be finishing it up this week :)

I finally finished the passenger side a little while ago. Here's a few pics of the finished product. After I edit a bunch of other pics and put descriptions with them, I'll post the full tutorial.

def6562f.jpg

db3ed7ba.jpg

538e8f26.jpg

Ok, I finally had time to put together the tutorial on how I did this. I'm sure there are other ways to do it, some of which may be easier, but having never done it before and not having too much information going into it, I figured some of it out as I went along. I actually posted the tutorial on my web site because I thought it'd be a bit easier than posting it all here. Hope you guys like it ::thumb::

http://callahandesigns.weebly.com/shaved-drip-rails.html

Back