Sinkhole

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, shocking news; at least no one was injured.

This quote from the article is quite an understatement: The museum is closed for the day.

I'm sure they will rebuild the vettes if they can recover them.

Ya seen that plastered all over facebook today...Hopefully most of the cars can be pulled out and saved..And hope the Corvette museum moves to safer ground, kentucky known for sinkholes.

Nobody was hurt - that's the main thing that matters.

As for what is in there...Corvettes?

Oh.

NEXT!

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, that part of Kentucky is full of karsts. One member at the Corvette Forum brought up some plot data showing 257 reported sinkholes within a mile of the museum:

sinkholes_zps59b30c7b.jpg

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-general/3419101-national-corvette-museum-giant-sinkhole-formed-corvettes-gone-merged-2.html

At that rate, I'm surprised this is the first at the museum.

-Kurt

What is a "karst"? its either a typo, or something I've never heard of...or both!

Been by that place dozens of time and kept saying I wanted to stop some day.
Or....... you wanted to drop in someday?? :D

They were one of my first big customers as a sales guy back in the day. I got them and then was able to pick up Doug Nash Engineering in Franklin, and then Darrell Waltrip. (of course he wouldnt know who I am but he was sure to tell me if I gave him discounts he would take care of me... :mad: ) any way back to the Corvettes. I only see the 62 as a loss. the rest...blah

Back