snow peformance? any ideas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

use it?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • have not idea and make me the lab rat

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Don, sorry my entire post sounded like it was directed towards you now that I went back and read it. After the first setence it was meant to be all for the original post. However, I think we can all agree, that almost nobody builds a 600hp motor and expects "good" gas mileage out of it. Even Lamborghini's only get 12-15 mpg!

Water/methanol injection isn't new. I remember seeing very crude kits in the late 60s and I think it was around before that. Chuck
Methanol injection was used extensively in WWII on fighter aircraft, some even dabbled with nitrous oxide injection.

Don, sorry my entire post sounded like it was directed towards you now that I went back and read it. After the first setence it was meant to be all for the original post. However, I think we can all agree, that almost nobody builds a 600hp motor and expects "good" gas mileage out of it. Even Lamborghini's only get 12-15 mpg!
Its all about the gearing on new sports and super cars. On the highway a viper can get 22mpg, not to shabby for a 8.4l V10.

Hemikiller i knew that they used that in wwII was like military power or so, to climb flast and get out/in an engaugement fast Thanks military channel! but my main thought with this is i use my truck to haul/tow things cant get a bike to haul a trailer, ditchwitch ect, dont want a desil just was looking at ways to make my truck a little bit better on mpg ie best bang for my buck maybe that methanol deal, cold air intake or something...

Try to chip it that way you can have different "tunes" for towing and fuel efficiency. What kind of truck do you have because I've heard some good things about bullydog tuners and they have gas tunners now.

Back