SPEEDO INOP

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be as simple as the cable coming off the speedo. You can remove the dash pad fairly easily and stick you hand down behind the speedometer and feel if the cable is attached. This can also happen on the other end where the cable attaches to the transmission. If the cable is firmly connected on both ends I would pop the speedo gear out and have a look. If the gear looks good I would spin it and see if the speedo moves.

Could be as simple as the cable coming off the speedo. You can remove the dash pad fairly easily and stick you hand down behind the speedometer and feel if the cable is attached. This can also happen on the other end where the cable attaches to the transmission. If the cable is firmly connected on both ends I would pop the speedo gear out and have a look. If the gear looks good I would spin it and see if the speedo moves.
Thats a good tip; I remember once I had the instrument panel out and thought I had reconnected the speedo cable, but after a couple of trips the speedo quit working. Turned out to be the cable was not connected at the back of the speedo.

Latest posts

Back