Splash Shields

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDK

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MACH 1
OK guys, think Eddyw posted a pic of these earlier so I just reused his pic instead of snapping another......Anyone have a pic of where these go and HOW they should look installed???

BDK

Splash shield.jpg

OK guys, think Eddyw posted a pic of these earlier so I just reused his pic instead of snapping another......Anyone have a pic of where these go and HOW they should look installed???

BDK
No pictures for you, but those should go in the nose of each front fender around the headlight area. I wish my car were far enough along to snap a picture for you.

The way they fit should be pretty intuitive when you hold them up to the fender.

kcmash

BDK
Hi,

You don't see the plastic shields when mounted, they comes in the inner metal bracket from the fender(red arrow)... see also the blue and yellow arrows where the shields comes.

The little one on the side wall and the bigger one on the top of the inner metal fender bracket.

The lip and screw holes are already provided.

Last edited by a moderator:

BDK
Hi,

You don't see the plastic shields when mounted, they comes in the inner metal bracket from the fender(red arrow)... see also the blue and yellow arrows where the shields comes.

The little one on the side wall and the bigger one on the top of the inner metal fender bracket.

The lip and screw holes are already provided.
Thanks Eddy!....this helps a TON!

BDK

I think they cover the holes with plastic covers for access to the mounting tabs of the aluminum front fender extensions when they take out the headlight...

(to prevent wind noise or for better cooling effect to the radiator??)

:chin:

Maybe these pics will help:

Thanks Mike....those show the fender splash shields though and these are the headlight bucket area splash shields. Unless I am missing something....

BDK

I took those pics back in 2009 and can't find any close-ups.
Thanks Mike, this plus what Eddy sent give me the locations....now to just figure out how to get them on since the car is all back together... :)

BDK

Back