Steel wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've owned my Mach for 34 years now, and I've thought about putting custom wheels, mag wheels, Magnum 500s, etcetera, on it for most of those years. But, I've refrained from changing out the original wheels. I've grown to like the vibe..

Attachments

• IMG_3195.JPG
    IMG_3195.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3199.JPG
    IMG_3199.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I've owned my Mach for 34 years now, and I've thought about putting custom wheels, mag wheels, Magnum 500s, etcetera, on it for most of those years. But, I've refrained from changing out the original wheels. I've grown to like the vibe..
If I had a set of original caps and trim rings I would definitely stay with them. My car came with steel wheels and hub caps originally, the PO added 14x7 factory Magnums off of a 70 but they have some corrosion around the rim. I plan to switch them out to reproduction 15x8 Magnums with 245/60R15 Goodrich T/A's. If I came across some nice dog dishes and trim rings that were reasonable, I would go with the 14 inch wheels in a heartbeat. I loved that look on my 73 back in the day and would like to replicate it, but it is hard to find nice ones. You can see the left front on my car already had a ding in the center cap back in 1981.
A brand new set of re-pop Magnums would probably be cheaper than nice used set of caps, rings and wheels. Bach then, I had 245/60R14 "BELTED T/A" tires on that that 73. Probably were too wide for the 7" rims and no good for even tread wear or getting all the tread on the ground either. I didn't care, it sure looked tough with the sidewalls rolled in, that made the tires look even wider to me.

Attachments

• 73 Mach 1 3.jpg
    73 Mach 1 3.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 73 Mach 1 2.jpg
    73 Mach 1 2.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back