Steering parts availability

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Grab-A-Track marketer (Mustang Plus) shows a rebuild and return service in their catalog for the Center Link Kit for the '71-'73 Musgtangs. They also show a Grab-A-Track Pitman Arms (has a core charge) available.

Also included in the catalog (under the Grab-A-Track brand) is a new steering rebuild kit which includes 2 inner tie rod ends, two outer tie rod ends, 2 tie rod adjusting sleeves and 1 Idler arm.

Hope this helps.

BT

There is nothing to wear on the 71-3 center link. Check it for straightness overall and any possible rust damage at the idler arm stud. Other than those two issues, no need to spend any money.

A word of warning, many of the idler arms that are "71-73" do not fit. I gave up on my search back in '03 and just replaced the bushings in my arm. They're available from most any parts store.

Pitman arm is also a must do, as they get sloppy and make the steering feel loose. There is a manual and power pitman, make sure you get the correct one.

Thanks Hemikiller. I kept my idler arm centerlink and pitman arm just in case. Had a feeling there might be issue finding those. ::yourock::

Back