Stock 2V 351 Cleveland

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
I have many photos of 351 engines (2V & 4V) to research against, but they all have the air cleaner on. If someone could post up pictures of their stock 2V 351 Cleveland top end without the air cleaner I would appreciate it. If you have a 71 or 72 that is most preferred. The 73's started dealing with more emissions issues and my research has indicated the parts changed more for that reason.

Thanx,

Brian

I own a 72 H code, what exactly r ya lookin for? My engine has been modified but i spent a lot of time leaning over the original engine when i bought it. And i had a 72 back when it was close to new. You looking for vac lines, wire routing, assembly marks?

I own a 72 H code, what exactly r ya lookin for? My engine has been modified but i spent a lot of time leaning over the original engine when i bought it. And i had a 72 back when it was close to new. You looking for vac lines, wire routing, assembly marks?
Yes, to all of those. Right now, I am trying to get the correct route for the pump to carb hard line w/o AC. Also curious if the 72 non-AC cars had the throttle solenoid. In my original 1984 picture of the motor with the air cleaner on it looks like their is something plugged into the harness female. The whole motor was lost in a move back in the late 80's so I cannot verify. The gauge harness connects to the tabs on the valve covers, just trying to see if their are 2 or 3 tabs?

Thank you

there are probably a dozen vac line diagrams for 72's..the Autozone site has most of them on-line for free, but look at them all because there are subtle differences. The hard line only works if you have the 2100 carb, which is not a very good carb for our cars. My car had a working solenoid when i bought it. Since i didnt maintain the original carb/ignition i dont need it because my engine doesnt run-on anymore. Was kind of a pain to set exactly correct and seemed like one more way to introduce a problem to the tuning. tossed.

Back